The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
cthorpe wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

Ok thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow. They just seem to have a really thin bit, I'll get a picture tomorrow, I think there used to be a dial there unless I'm looking at the wrong side as there's another red dial on the bottom. (Dumb questions but as I say I'm more used to fox and Rockshox Razz )

Turns out there is an air valve on the bottom too, i'l have a bit play with that at some point if i can find air volumes etc
marzocchi website has all the air pressure ranges. Be sure to use only a shock pump(high pressure low volume). Not a tire pump ir compressor to adjust your fork. It will blow

Yeah, i use a shock pump, don't worry haha. The guy i bought the forks off had nothing in the top chamber and only about 50psi in the bottom, with my recommended pressures being 130 and 160 respectively it's made a huge difference. I like my forks quite stiff so feels so much better than before, even though they already felt very reactive and smooth. Thanks for the help tup

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 21:34 Quote
Nothing new this year... but still enjoying taking picture of it. haha No i still don't want two wheels with the same color. XD

photo

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 22:51 Quote
Hey guys so I posted a pic of my session park a while back, but I gotta ask you guys anyone who's running a SRAM X01DH derailuer having problems with the b-tension thing that rests on the hanger going through the hanger?? Ive been in whistler for the last 3 days and have gone through 3 hangers just because of it going through. 2 mechanics told me it's because of the spring tension on these new derailuers is just so high the hanger can't hold it. So I gotta ask any fixes ?? Or am I gonna have to sell my expensive as hell drivetrain so I don't gotta replace a hanger every time I ride?

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 1:51 Quote
qman11 wrote:
Hey guys so I posted a pic of my session park a while back, but I gotta ask you guys anyone who's running a SRAM X01DH derailuer having problems with the b-tension thing that rests on the hanger going through the hanger?? Ive been in whistler for the last 3 days and have gone through 3 hangers just because of it going through. 2 mechanics told me it's because of the spring tension on these new derailuers is just so high the hanger can't hold it. So I gotta ask any fixes ?? Or am I gonna have to sell my expensive as hell drivetrain so I don't gotta replace a hanger every time I ride?
Try and spread the load then, see if you can come up with some way to make the contact point bigger. I've used the washer/lockring thing from presta tubes and screwed it onto the bottom of the b tension screw to space one out further before, maybe that would work.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 2:30 Quote
Got some 888 s for the glory

heres my glory, excuse the homemade bumpers, they're temporary

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 6:33 Quote
qman11 wrote:

Its a known problem with some sram rear ders.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 7:38 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
qman11 wrote:

Its a known problem with some sram rear ders.

So the b tension bolt is digging into the hanger? Maybe try to loctite one or more nuts on the screw where it touches the hanger? So the pressure from the spring tension will be more even on the hanger, preventing the bolt from digging in.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
The most simple and effective way to fix that - put a small portion of silicone on the top of the b-tension bolt. It will decrease the noise and will leave the hanger in a brand new condition.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 14:12 Quote
Picked up this used bike as my first ever downhill rig, the Cube Two 15 (2012) .
Got an unbelievably great offer on it that was hard to pass. it's barely been ridden, mostly stood in garage for two years.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Got a few problems like the front hub bearings being extremely tight but I don't have the right tool to loosen them (and I thought why I kept losing speed so fast lol ). Also the rear brake rotor came loose but I managed to get it tightened up somewhat but since it's not the usual 6 bolt design, it also needs that special tool that I'm lacking. I'll just take it to my LBS tomorrow and let them fix those problems, shouldn't be too hard and maybe let them generally inspect the whole bike just in case. Then I'll give it a nice wash up and I'm ready to go Cool .

Also managed to strip the Fox 40's front thru axles top cap thing so it's completely round now, I read it was a common thing on them because the metal they use there is soft as butter (I should probably also invest some money into proper quality hex keys), but does anyone have a suggestion what to do next Dead Horse ? New axles are extremely expensive though Frown .

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
That happened to mine as it got stuck in, i ended up hammering a slightly larger torx in to it and getting it out that way, i did buy a new axle though to replace it before i rode again. If you take it to the shop then they'll find a way to remove it (Quite likely the way i did) and will most likely have to buy a new axle. They're about £40 i think unfortunately though, expensive for what they are.

In terms of the discs, they look like shimano's 'centerlock' design which isn't the conventional 6 bolt design, i think the hubs you have on there (Shimano saint by looks of things) and zee's were the only models to use this method. Shimano also still use cup and cone bearings instead of sealed bearings for some reason which makes them a bit more hassle, you can either replace the hubs or wheels really, although they are pretty good so should keep a hold of them for a while.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 15:43 Quote
pm148 wrote:
Snowshoe pic

Here's my Glory. I'm still gonna get new cranks and then it's on to saving for a new bike.

what seat is that???

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 17:38 Quote
Sdg ti fly. I haz same on the Lenz.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 21:58 Quote
TranceLov3 wrote:

Also managed to strip the Fox 40's front thru axles top cap thing so it's completely round now, I read it was a common thing on them because the metal they use there is soft as butter (I should probably also invest some money into proper quality hex keys), but does anyone have a suggestion what to do next Dead Horse ? New axles are extremely expensive though Frown .

I had the same problem with my old fox vans. If they still use the same design, there should be a knurled little lip on the side with the hex bolt. take a vise grip and use that to get it out if its not too tight.

If its pretty tight, find some expanding plug or something (like bar end plugs) and wrap it with coarse-ish sandpaper, install the plug, and then again, use some sorta device to turn it. You could also use the method that harry g described, although hammering bike parts most times is never a good idea

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 2:59 Quote
robd420 wrote:
My Demo Carbon 1 after a fresh paint job, wheel build, and Stealth Fox Decals

photo
how do you strip the paint on a carbon bike? Are chemical strippers bad for the carbon

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028437
Mobile Version of Website