The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Mod
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
Different beefier tires same brand. Had 890gram wicked wills before and have the 1100ish gram Mary's.

The feeling is like casing a square edge really hard.

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 18:23 Quote
This is my current bike. Best (and prettiest) bike I've ever had.

photo

Mod
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 18:57 Quote
Beautiful, being in whistler and seeing all the bikes.. the santa cruz's stand out as some of the best looking bikes to me. Make me want a new frame even though I have no reason to upgrade.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 23:26 Quote
Im a bit bord of them to be honest, the one above looks great, but all the ones in Whistler seem boring and just a bike you rent or buy if you have a lot of money

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 23:32 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Im a bit bord of them to be honest, the one above looks great, but all the ones in Whistler seem boring and just a bike you rent or buy if you have a lot of money

I feel the same exact thing,no doubt it's a great bike though.

Mod
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 23:35 Quote
Pretty much any newish Dh bike falls in the if you have a lot of money category imo. Whistler is flooded with neon orange GT and multi coloured specialized downhill bikes and neon coloured enduro bikes galore, only seen a couple v10s this year, and all done up in black they look classy and refined.

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
So rad!!! I still wish I kept my old AC!

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
My rides
  My rides

that is a rad pic

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 18:07 Quote
t3rry wrote:
Pretty much any newish Dh bike falls in the if you have a lot of money category imo. Whistler is flooded with neon orange GT and multi coloured specialized downhill bikes and neon coloured enduro bikes galore, only seen a couple v10s this year, and all done up in black they look classy and refined.

I haven't seen a single person with the same bike as me in the park or anywhere in whistler!

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 18:37 Quote
t3rry wrote:

It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. I built a pretty sick 2015 gambler frame for $3400. I bought a custom built 2012 gambler for $2000. Brand new fox 40 and saint drivetrain. Then I Picked up the 2015 frame in brand new condition with a float x2 for $1400. It belonged to a pro rider who only used it once. So for the total cost of $3400 (hoping to sell my old frame for $600) I ended up with this
photo

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 19:17 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
My rides
  My rides

that is a rad pic

Thanks

Mod
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 20:14 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
t3rry wrote:

It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. I built a pretty sick 2015 gambler frame for $3400. I bought a custom built 2012 gambler for $2000. Brand new fox 40 and saint drivetrain. Then I Picked up the 2015 frame in brand new condition with a float x2 for $1400. It belonged to a pro rider who only used it once. So for the total cost of $3400 (hoping to sell my old frame for $600) I ended up with this
photo

I've built all my bikes cheaply as well.. but it's still alot of money for a bike when you think about it. Most people ride $150 bikes their whole lives. Even dropping a grand on a bike is a tonne of money that a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 20:55 Quote
dude, your talking about low end BSO's there not bikes

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
dude, your talking about low end BSO's there not bikes

I need a translator.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028531
Mobile Version of Website