The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 20:10 Quote
I think I was in a bad mood that day, my apologies.

Buying a new DH bike is the motivation behind finishing up my CNC certificate and getting a job in the spring. So many good choices this year.

I really want something boutique this time around. The Sick Bike Co concept and the Rotec Lawwil 9 are in the front right now. Also that HYPER DH bike they keep teasing. That thing is so good looking.

As for wheel size I'm still sticking with 27.5. Even at 6'1 I don't think I'd be tall enough to benefit from 29.

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
I think I was in a bad mood that day, my apologies.

Buying a new DH bike is the motivation behind finishing up my CNC certificate and getting a job in the spring. So many good choices this year.

I really want something boutique this time around. The Sick Bike Co concept and the Rotec Lawwil 9 are in the front right now. Also that HYPER DH bike they keep teasing. That thing is so good looking.

As for wheel size I'm still sticking with 27.5. Even at 6'1 I don't think I'd be tall enough to benefit from 29.
You should make custom badges for all our bikes and vehicles if you can operate a CNC. That'd be sweet.

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
[/Quote]You should make custom badges for all our bikes and vehicles if you can operate a CNC. That'd be sweet.[/Quote]

My Final project will be Bike related I think. Pretty hyped for that. thinking of making either a badge or a set of pedals.

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 21:08 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
You should make custom badges for all our bikes and vehicles if you can operate a CNC. That'd be sweet.[/Quote]

My Final project will be Bike related I think. Pretty hyped for that. thinking of making either a badge or a set of pedals.[/Quote]
make a bike Whip Whip Whip Whip Whip

@pole

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
To be fair guys with the bikes he has... (this is playing the devils advocate here that he is daddy's money funded) his parents most likely see some sort of future in him riding and to be honest I can imagine he's probably pretty decent on the bike. This being said lets see some vids of you ripping urlrichl
I'll find some footage to post this weekend

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
Uhlrichl1 wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
To be fair guys with the bikes he has... (this is playing the devils advocate here that he is daddy's money funded) his parents most likely see some sort of future in him riding and to be honest I can imagine he's probably pretty decent on the bike. This being said lets see some vids of you ripping urlrichl
sweet! whats your instagram? I'll drop you a follow.

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
Uhlrichl1 wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
sweet! whats your instagram? I'll drop you a follow.
@luhlrich thanks man I'll follow you back

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 19:39 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:

Kids just be jealous. I'm happy when I see parents supporting their kids hobbies. My parents didn't take biking seriously, wasted 15 years playing a sport I hated. Didn't get my first mountain bike until I was 23 (transitioning into adulthood and moving out was prioriry). I'd rather see a kid riding a bike on their parents money than sitting at home in their room wishing they could afford a bike.

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:

Kids just be jealous. I'm happy when I see parents supporting their kids hobbies. My parents didn't take biking seriously, wasted 15 years playing a sport I hated. Didn't get my first mountain bike until I was 23 (transitioning into adulthood and moving out was prioriry). I'd rather see a kid riding a bike on their parents money than sitting at home in their room wishing they could afford a bike.
+1

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 13:45 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:

+1
+10

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 16:50 Quote
I have seen this kid ride and he is pretty squidy but sometimes he goes fast. Cool kid fo sho.
Uhlrichl1 wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 0:43 Quote
[YT=https://youtu.be/18X9q9BQZrs]

Somewhere amongst trail footage...

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 20:23 Quote
my summum

Here is the latest addition to my fleet.. I really can't believe how light bikes have gotten and how much carbon is used on these things.
I remember riding my 40+ lbs devinci 8flat8 back in the day haha. Good times but damn I'm stoked bikes have gone this far. such a fun ride!!

2016 Mondraker Summum Pro Team at your face!!

Sittin at 33lbs and some change. Ordering a Ti Spring to hopefully hit bellow 33lbs

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 6:02 Quote
Here is my dentist Big Grin rig:
photo
photo
photo
photo

Has already been here, but I changed a couple things

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 8:11 Quote
Surely with that seat height the frame must be a bit short?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022398
Mobile Version of Website