The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
Aluminio doesn't rust ? Or is the rust coat the protective coat ? Maybe we have some wrong concept to explain some situations

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
It oxidizes, it doesnt rust

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
shaloUCH wrote:
Aluminio doesn't rust ? Or is the rust coat the protective coat ? Maybe we have some wrong concept to explain some situations
it oxidises same as steel but the aluminum oxide doesnt flake off and helps protect from more corrosion

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
Yes, that's what I wanted to say in a language that is not my mother tongue lol

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
Got bored so mullet'ed the Demo Smile

I'll do it properly with some 49 Lowers or borrow my buddy's 29 inch world cups. I think it will work well on this bike as the Bottom Bracket is too low in my opinion.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 1:04 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Got bored so mullet'ed the Demo Smile

I'll do it properly with some 49 Lowers or borrow my buddy's 29 inch world cups. I think it will work well on this bike as the Bottom Bracket is too low in my opinion.

Mullet Demo looks awesome,what's the BB height with this setup?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
fantaman wrote:

Mullet Demo looks awesome,what's the BB height with this setup?

No sure. I wouldn’t ride it like this as the fork arch is too close to the tire for my liking. I’ll do it properly and ride it for sure.

Once sagged, I think it will still be a pretty low BB

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 2:28 Quote
Some things have changed on my Demo i have mounted a orange Hope 36t chainring to go with the orange theme & i went to a 275 spring rate,Specialized Phenom Comp saddle replacing the Fabric that went on my road bike.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:04 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Some things have changed on my Demo i have mounted a orange Hope 36t chainring to go with the orange theme & i went to a 275 spring rate,Specialized Phenom Comp saddle replacing the Fabric that went on my road bike.

Don't know about the orange chainring, sort of the wrong tone...was one it replaced black? If not maybe black would be better make the frame pop... still one of the best around.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:19 Quote
fantaman wrote:

Just a 275 spring? Thats really really soft.

But the bike kicks ass!

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 18:08 Quote

Havent posted my bike in a while.

A bit different from the norm but I love how floaty it is.

budget build af around the nice marin frame lol.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
GenesisBiker wrote:

Havent posted my bike in a while.

A bit different from the norm but I love how floaty it is.

budget build af around the nice marin frame lol.

Nice Marin!! I have the 7 inch travel version of that frame and they do indeed ride very nice. Climbs well too Smile

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
this is my 2008 Cannondale perp 3 it's not one of those new shiny bikes but in a way it's very shiny it is pretty much mint condition very little scratches on it and I've been riding it now for about a year and a half.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 1:39 Quote
AntN wrote:
was one it replaced black? If not maybe black would be better make the frame pop.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=21776&pagenum=2691#commentid6684492

Updated Demo

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020912
Mobile Version of Website