The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
FlyingHighMtb wrote:
this is my 2008 Cannondale perp 3 it's not one of those new shiny bikes but in a way it's very shiny it is pretty much mint condition very little scratches on it and I've been riding it now for about a year and a half.
Looks like you've been enjoying the high speed rock gardens!

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 1:01 Quote
2014 TR450 frame i bought to replace my 2006 Kona Stinky Deluxe

Transferred forks across while i look for some fox 40's or similar double crown air forks

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 4:16 Quote
wrote:
[Quote="siren676"

Transferred forks across while i look for some fox 40's or similar double crown air forks

Sick! I love those TR450's!

Why an air fork though? Coil is way better \m/

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 4:23 Quote
wrote:
philip92 wrote:
[Quote="siren676"

That's your opinion dude.. I went coil to air in my fork and I love it

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
philip92 wrote:

I use the bike to get to work too so thought it'd be easier just adding more air than swapping springs all the time. Will be getting a rear shock with lockout eventually

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 20:15 Quote
wrote:
philip92 wrote:
[Quote="siren676"

Personal preference. I went from coil to air and love it. I can really dial in the feel with volume spacers and setting the psi.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
I picked up a 2011 M9 recently and discovered it responds very well to some metal polish Smile

New to me M9

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
60ndown wrote:
I picked up a 2011 M9 recently and discovered it responds very well to some metal polish Smile

New to me M9

Nice polish! make sure to apply clear coat!

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 2:05 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
60ndown wrote:

New to me M9

I have an old Intense that came in Works Raw, it doesn't have any coating at all.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 5:37 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
60ndown wrote:

New to me M9

I have an old Intense that came in Works Raw, it doesn't have any coating at all.
But if it has been polished it will need some form of coating otherwise it will oxidize and become dull again. If yours is just standard 'raw' then it'll be dull already

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
Most clear coat won’t stick to a polished metal.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
I have about 2 hours into polishing what was a very dull frame, its easy work with modern polishing products and a rag and a rotary tool, and VERY satisfying.I plan to keep a rag under the seat and give it a quick once over (60 seconds) every time it gets ridden Smile it actually looks better in real life then the photos its just so ridiculously shiny !!

if and when I get bored I'm going to polish the cranks, and maybe have the fork ends (by the wheels) chromed Smile (or a $5 can of chrome paint) maybe some old school chrome handlebars ? Smile

name it 'the silver surfer' or 'terminator' or 'iron man' ? ??

I'm not tying to win any races, I'm new to downhill / mountain biking. I just enjoy riding these amazing machines down my local hill (6000 feet and 12 miles)

i doubt a machine shop could build this frame for $10,000 ?

I paid $1000 for a used bike.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
60ndown wrote:
I have about 2 hours into polishing what was a very dull frame, its easy work with modern polishing products and a rag and a rotary tool, and VERY satisfying.I plan to keep a rag under the seat and give it a quick once over (60 seconds) every time it gets ridden Smile it actually looks better in real life then the photos its just so ridiculously shiny !!

if and when I get bored I'm going to polish the cranks, and maybe have the fork ends (by the wheels) chromed Smile (or a $5 can of chrome paint) maybe some old school chrome handlebars ? Smile

name it 'the silver surfer' or 'terminator' or 'iron man' ? ??

I'm not tying to win any races, I'm new to downhill / mountain biking. I just enjoy riding these amazing machines down my local hill (6000 feet and 12 miles)

i doubt a machine shop could build this frame for $10,000 ?

I paid $1000 for a used bike.

Just enjoy your Bike! Thats how it should be!

This is nice:

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/colombodhcycles/album/Boxxer-SilverBox-2014-by-Colombo-Re-Cycles/

Or this

http://ap1.pinkbike.org/p4pb6479416/p4pb6479416.jpg

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Most clear coat won’t stick to a polished metal.

This^. I rawed and polished a frame earlier this year and I've been using a wax called renaissance wax https://picreator.co.uk/renaissance-wax/
which is doing a pretty good job of keeping the oxidation at bay.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 15:53 Quote

nice, now i have to polish the fork as well Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027482
Mobile Version of Website