The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Most clear coat won’t stick to a polished metal.
What's the reason behind that? (If it's not overly complicated/ worth your time)

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 18:54 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
Most clear coat won’t stick to a polished metal.
What's the reason behind that? (If it's not overly complicated/ worth your time)

I did the same thing with my DHR, stripped it chemically, then applied clear coat.

It was good for maybe a month or two but it started chipping very very easily.

Once that happens, the exposed Al oxidizes and turns greyish

But I never polished aluminum.. my guess is if you love buffing your bike ( not just soap and water and hosing it off ) after riding then I suppose it fits your style.

Different series Al alloys could oxidize differently too

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
i like it a lot dat candy bruh.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
jasminov wrote:
AntN wrote:
was one it replaced black? If not maybe black would be better make the frame pop.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=21776&pagenum=2691#commentid6684492

Updated Demo

No chainguide?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
simonklaassen wrote:
jasminov wrote:
AntN wrote:
was one it replaced black? If not maybe black would be better make the frame pop.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=21776&pagenum=2691#commentid6684492

Updated Demo

No chainguide?

Yes but i have mounted my chainguide back again.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
Updated Pic of my DH machine with changed out bars/brakes/grips/pedals
Cockpit drive side
Non drive side

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
Commencal Furious
Just got my new Furious delivered. Moving to Whistler next year and my inner 12 year old prevailed over the common sense of buying a more practical enduro bike. Tell me what you think!

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
velociraptor-clintthrust wrote:
Commencal Furious
Just got my new Furious delivered. Moving to Whistler next year and my inner 12 year old prevailed over the common sense of buying a more practical enduro bike. Tell me what you think!

I think in 10 years you're gonna look back on this and think 'man, my inner 12 year old knows what's up'.

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
velociraptor-clintthrust wrote:
Commencal Furious

My inner 12 year old is giving you a high five! Sick bike! I just picked up a Furious myself and couldn’t be happier!

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
wrote:
[I think in 10 years you're gonna look back on this and think 'man, my inner 12 year old knows what's up'.

Yea man! The same price clash was specced way lower too so I can tell myself it was a logical decision

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
wrote:
My inner 12 year old is giving you a high five! Sick bike! I just picked up a Furious myself and couldn’t be happier!

Nice dude! Which one? They've just got such clean lines. Can't wait to take it riding

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
As soon as you get to Whistler, you'll know you've made the right choice. That rig is sick af.

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 21:24 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
As soon as you get to Whistler, you'll know you've made the right choice. That rig is sick af.
Thanks mate! Yea i took my 2015 reign there last time and it was out of its element on some trails for sure. Will definitely be buying a second hand trail/am bike as well to do some exploring though

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021861
Mobile Version of Website