The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 23:56 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Old vs new Tues...

YT Tues Rampage Boxxer World Cup Vivid R2C Ti coil RaceFace SixC Cinch crank bar NW 34t ring Deity Locust DM Hope Mono 6 Moto levers Reverse Equal Flange System DH 650B wheelset SDG Ti seat FSA SLK post Sram DH 7spd NukeProof pedals Intense lock-on grips KMC-X10SL chain Blue Ti hardware mcgazzaforever irideforpaul

YT Tues Pro Race XXL

The Blue Dorado Fab Fab Fab

I got it from the old Bergamont WC team. It was unused surplus.
The stanchions are black too, which is rare on one of these.
It came with the MRD and IRT upgrades aswell Beer

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
dh-corn wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Old vs new Tues...

YT Tues Rampage Boxxer World Cup Vivid R2C Ti coil RaceFace SixC Cinch crank bar NW 34t ring Deity Locust DM Hope Mono 6 Moto levers Reverse Equal Flange System DH 650B wheelset SDG Ti seat FSA SLK post Sram DH 7spd NukeProof pedals Intense lock-on grips KMC-X10SL chain Blue Ti hardware mcgazzaforever irideforpaul

YT Tues Pro Race XXL

Man what a find! That is the kind of rarity that makes a build completely unique.

Question (due to my own lack of knowledge on the Tues frame generations)... are they both 650b? Is the older one 26"? I can't tell from the pics.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 6:13 Quote
Philitup wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
dh-corn wrote:

Man what a find! That is the kind of rarity that makes a build completely unique.

Question (due to my own lack of knowledge on the Tues frame generations)... are they both 650b? Is the older one 26"? I can't tell from the pics.

Thanks guys, i can't convey enough how special it looks & rides in real life.

Both are 650B. McGazza was the only one of the 4 team riders who chose to run 650B in 2015 at Rampage. Lacondeguy, Granieri and Zink all had 26" versions of this frame that year.

I've been tempted to spec it exactly as Kelly had it at Rampage with Marzocchi suspension and Shimano transmission but it would kinda be a downgrade from where i have it right now.

If i can somehow convince Hope to supply me with the same green hubs he ran then i will do a replica tribute stylee build with it.

Some detail of them all Here

I noticed in the stolen bike thread that the Cam Zink bike in that link was stolen from the owner in the US a few months ago. So if anyone is offered it....beware.

Kellys build detail Here

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
christiaan wrote:

My new toy

Thats really nice. Choice build too.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:
Fall in Angel Fire

I was real tempted to get one of these that showed up on Ebay not long ago.

Very cool retro

Ebay link here

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Your MK2 is one of the most well thought out colour collections on any bike. It'll be a long time for you to top it, no offense. The new one is also gorgeous, just that McGazza one is beyond special.

Much appreciated, with you being the OP on this thread i'm guessing you've seen your fair share of builds too. Thanks

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
shwinn8 wrote:
Fall in Angel Fire

I was real tempted to get one of these that showed up on Ebay not long ago.

Very cool retro

Ebay link here

thanks Shiny! the S8's and DH9's are still monsters on the trail! Which is why I still ride it! That and because the Small 2011 Jedi I bought to replace the S8 with just never felt comfortable on (and for sale). So when I'm not on the my Canfield Balance, I'm on the ol' Dinosaur

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
My very first DH build is coming soon... It's a joke compared to your builds, but hopefully it will still be easy on the eyes.

At the very least, I'm trying to keep it color-coordinated and unique. Laced up the wheels myself, and should be able to start assembling the drivetrain over the next few days. A mix-up of old and new components... hopefully it turns out nicely!

christiaan wrote:
My new toy

@christiaan That is gorgeous Drool color combo is on point. Enve wheels are too rich for my blood though lol

shwinn8 wrote:
Fall in Angel Fire

@shwinn8 Sweet build... even sweeter trail. That's what I wish I was doing now instead of sitting in an office.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/17920514/

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
60ndown wrote:

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
Philitup wrote:
60ndown wrote:

thank you

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
My custom Trek Session 88 Downhill Setup, the Andrew Neethling race frame.
Trek Session 88 Downhill Setup

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025347
Mobile Version of Website