The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
redemption08 wrote:
Got the new bike build started. Moved most of my parts from my last build.

May add:
Carbon wheel build
DVO Onyx DC

Wrapped in ride wrap, made it all shiny. Cant wait for park bike season, but it will get some use here with shuttles.

I have the V10 as well with Dvo Emerald, i like this build so much! works well with Fox X2, and Spank wheelset!

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
29”? I trail ride my 27.5 Session 9.9. I’m sure this would be even nicer. Trail riders hate when you pass them uphill in a DH bike Wink

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 0:59 Quote
2016 GT fury WC. just built it up.
GT fury WC custom build. 16.6kg

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 23:35 Quote
A super light 38lbs Blank Stare That heavy coil fork and shock!

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 1:55 Quote
Man those things look sick. We didn’t get that frame set in Aus sadly. Would love to try one.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
701pirate wrote:
A super light 38lbs Blank Stare That heavy coil fork and shock!

That is a gorgeous commencal. They do the best job with their bikes. How do you like it?

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 1:27 Quote
Thanks. It is pretty slack. Right on Commencals max a2c. It is great all through the chop. Anything mild is a waste though as it numbs stuff right up to steep. Then the suspension comes into its own. You can climb just do not rush. Thats more to do with your own preservation.

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
Finally installed the rest of the parts I bought.
-DVO Onyx
-Powder coated rear spring
-We are one carbon wheels
-Cushcore xc
-WTB tires
Just waiting on DVO to release the Jade Twin, maybe some different we are one wheel decals. I think it's all done after that. The Onyx feels pretty damn good, wanting to try something different.

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
Looks friggin rad! May I ask why cushcore xc and not cushcore pro?

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Looks friggin rad! May I ask why cushcore xc and not cushcore pro?

Thanks,
Cushcore xc is 140 grams per tire versus the 250.works with up to 33mm inner diameter rims. I may still go with cushcore pro in the back.

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
I'm not sure I see the benefits of cushcore xc being as good, that being said I havent tried it.. I run cushcore pro in the front and back of my Megatower and don't even notice the weight. Certainly notice it quieting the bike, and (knock on wood) havent suffered a single flat or dented wheel since starting to use cushcore pro almost 2 years ago.

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I'm not sure I see the benefits of cushcore xc being as good, that being said I havent tried it.. I run cushcore pro in the front and back of my Megatower and don't even notice the weight. Certainly notice it quieting the bike, and (knock on wood) havent suffered a single flat or dented wheel since starting to use cushcore pro almost 2 years ago.

Im going to try it and see. Wheels have a lifetime warranty. If i have to pull the tire for any reason cushcore pro goes in the rear. Glad to hear its not that noticable.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
I've always lusted after a voltage as its perfect for the UK as a mini DH - last year I managed to pick up a 2015 FR20 pretty cheap as a project after buying a lot of things I probably shouldn't have and a few ebay bargains its finally complete (only the frame, pedals, and rims/hubs are original)

Full spec

2015 FR20
Shimano Saint brakes
Zee 165 crankset, shifter and derailleur
Boxxers (added charger damper)
Fox Dhx RC4 (small shaft Kashima)
Spank spike 35 vibrocore
Raceface Atlas stem
Ergon GE1 grips
Sunringle rims laced to Pro4 hubs
Dual Minion DHR II 2.4 (DH casing)
Ergon Smd 2 Pro Ti Saddle
Brendog DMR Vaults

As said its mainly for UK but have built it big enough for a trip to Morzine this year

The only thing i'm looking out for is a black chainguide and bash, i' also remembered i've got a set of stealth black boxxer graphics to put on I got from Slik over christmas after taking the pics

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

New build, my first dh bike. Seems to work good Smile
26"

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013995
Mobile Version of Website