The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
Bmx259 wrote:
Trek Session 9.9

Another non-drive photo from me (you guy's ain't missing much.) In complete contrast I am working to eliminate most colour from the DH rig! It was once the black and red 2012 colour wave which was not my cup of tea. However I'm becoming more open to the idea of a colourful trail bike Book

That looks small, whattheheel could almost ride that

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
DanAlmberg wrote:
My first dh build Smile At least the front

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Whoa...what is it?

[Quote="christiaan"]
Bmx259 wrote:
Trek Session 9.9

That looks small, whattheheel could almost ride that

lol

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
My blast from the past Mini DH bike. Its my only bike so I do it all with it, primarily DH tho.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
My blast from the past Mini DH bike. Its my only bike so I do it all with it, primarily DH tho.

I was actually looking into building a bottlerocket myself. Digging the raw

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:24 Quote
Bmx259 wrote:
Trek Session 9.9

Another non-drive photo from me (you guy's ain't missing much.) In complete contrast I am working to eliminate most colour from the DH rig! It was once the black and red 2012 colour wave which was not my cup of tea. However I'm becoming more open to the idea of a colourful trail bike Book

But... But.... But... It looks like a session!

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
Update on my rig.
Did a mullet setup for my 26" Gambler 10.
My fork is still the original 26" fork, no change of lowers,
Fox 40 Fit RC2.

27.5" at the front
26" at the rear

27.5 wheel on a 26 Fox40 Fit RC2 from 2013. Looking good.
27.5 wheel on a 26 Fox40 Fit RC2 from 2013. More clearance then I thought.
27.5 wheel on a 26 Fox40 Fit RC2 from 2013. More clearance then I thought.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
mrfrench2013 wrote:

I was actually looking into building a bottlerocket myself. Digging the raw

Thanks! You should definitley do it, I personally enjoy building the older bikes, its a lot of fun sourcing parts and they're are dirt cheap too. Its just one of those bikes where the raw really works well.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 3:29 Quote
So here we go after 5 years it's time to go back to the session for a 27,5'' wheel version this time with custom dropouts,gonna raw & polish the frame.Bike should still have 10'' travel via 10,5x3,5 shock also gonna use -2 Angleset & offset shock bushings.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 4:23 Quote
fantaman wrote:
So here we go after 5 years it's time to go back to the session for a 27,5'' wheel version this time with custom dropouts,gonna raw & polish the frame.Bike should still have 10'' travel via 10,5x3,5 shock also gonna use -2 Angleset & offset shock bushings.

This is gonna be a hell of a project! Whats the size of the frame? Reach?

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
If the Demo is anything to go by, this will be fun to watch. I'd thoroughly recommend some of this wax to protect your frame once you've polished it.

https://www.preservationequipment.com/Catalogue/Cleaning-Products/Cleaning-Agents/Renaissance-Wax

I use it on a frame I polished and it really helps protect against tarnish, finger prints etc. Not particularly cheap, but it goes a long way.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
fantaman wrote:

Thnx this will be a great one i never liked how my demo felt it was less of a monster truck feeling,frame is a size Small

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 20:46 Quote
fantaman wrote:
dh-corn wrote:
fantaman wrote:

Thnx this will be a great one i never liked how my demo felt it was less of a monster truck feeling,frame is a size Small

Demo's aren't the typical monster trucking bikes. You want to plow over stuff get a Scott Gambler, Santa Cruz V10, or a Commencal Supreme, etc. The Demo never been the typical plow bike.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
fantaman wrote:
dh-corn wrote:

Demo's aren't the typical monster trucking bikes. You want to plow over stuff get a Scott Gambler, Santa Cruz V10, or a Commencal Supreme, etc. The Demo never been the typical plow bike.

This is why i did not liked the Demo it's less forgiving on really rought tracks,also i'm not a fan of the BB30 standard on that bike that is prone to creaking.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018221
Mobile Version of Website