The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
That Demo has a lot going on in the rear suspension. Pretty cool!tup

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
24khugs wrote:
My shitbike demo 8

This is the old Specialized Demo that I picked up a two years ago on the cheap.

Did some upgrades as I broke things, its a 27.5"/26" mullet now, just put the big rotor kit on it, have some 31.8 carbon bars on the way as a QOL improvement.

Recently rebuilt the totem, was my first time rebuilding a fork. Crazy how everything is just held together with snap rings and o rings.

Got a brand new DVO jade after I blew out the Fox dhx rc4.

Its been a great learning experience riding this at mountain creek as my first mountain bike. Looking forward to a few more seasons with it before being able to upgrade to something modern.

Oh man!!! I had that same bike. 2010 version red/black. That thing ripped!!! Have fun!

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
My 26" is still going strong. Going SS conversion and keep it as a park bike.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 17:59 Quote
Gotta keep the 26” love going. I’ve always had a soft spot for that gen Glory. Here’s my Nukeproof Scalp.
Nukeproof Scalp

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:
Gotta keep the 26” love going. I’ve always had a soft spot for that gen Glory. Here’s my Nukeproof Scalp.
Nukeproof Scalp

26" still shredding..just wish there was more supplies on tires these days.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
bigquotesthis is the old Specialized Demo that I picked up a two years ago on the cheap.

Did some upgrades as I broke things, its a 27.5"/26" mullet now, just put the big rotor kit on it, have some 31.8 carbon bars on the way as a QOL improvement.

Recently rebuilt the totem, was my first time rebuilding a fork. Crazy how everything is just held together with snap rings and o rings.

Got a brand new DVO jade after I blew out the Fox dhx rc4.

Its been a great learning experience riding this at mountain creek as my first mountain bike. Looking forward to a few more seasons with it before being able to upgrade to something modern
bigquotes

Oh man!!! I had that same bike. 2010 version red/black. That thing ripped!!! Have fun!

Thanks man! its been a hell of a beginner bike!

Super stoked to get back to the park this weekend, I have been recovering from a knee injury and haven't been able to ride until now.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 18:48 Quote
Not exactly a DH rig, but here is my park setup. Running Hutchinson Griffus tires for lift season.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 19:20 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:
Nukeproof Scalp
I'm a simple man, I see a bike still running Single Tracks, I smile Beer

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 14:48 Quote
2012 Transition TR450

Well I had no intention of doing this but one simply does not pass on a well priced set of DeeMax wheels! Doesn't hurt that I've wanted a set since I first saw Minnar with those "cool yellow wheels" on his Honda bike with I was like 15.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
^^I'm for it! It looks great^^

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
2012 Transition TR450

Well I had no intention of doing this but one simply does not pass on a well priced set of DeeMax wheels! Doesn't hurt that I've wanted a set since I first saw Minnar with those "cool yellow wheels" on his Honda bike with I was like 15.

please paint your lowers yellow

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
Or black with yellow decals

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
Plain black. There’s plenty yellow already.
Or leave as is. No more yellow…

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
I vote for yellow, matching forks to frames always looks good.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 7:39 Quote
I'll be leaving them as is. In addition to lusting after a set of Deemax's when I was younger I also lusted after this 888 RC3 Evo and partly because the black stanchion white lower combo looked so good. Plus painting forks is a PITA.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014931
Mobile Version of Website