The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
Oh my... I don't think I could ride that for fear of getting it dirty Eek

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
It's a bloody stunner

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
@rosemarywheel & @deli-hustler Thanks guys! Only DH bike I've ever built... and might be the last. This one is a keeper. Salute

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 17:01 Quote
Philitup wrote:
@rosemarywheel & @deli-hustler Thanks guys! Only DH bike I've ever built... and might be the last. This one is a keeper. Salute

Sweet God Gravity... the first? you sir are an inspiration! Salute

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
Philitup wrote:

Very very nice, beautiful bike, but why don’t you have any frame protection on the chainstay? I cringe when I think about the chain slapping the raw carbon! Please put some mastic tape on it at least. How does it ride and how are those tires? And is it 26 or 27.5?

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Philitup wrote:

Very very nice, beautiful bike, but why don’t you have any frame protection on the chainstay? I cringe when I think about the chain slapping the raw carbon! Please put some mastic tape on it at least. How does it ride and how are those tires? And is it 26 or 27.5?

Excellent point. I have some spare chainstay protectors lying around. Will definitely stick one on. I live in a very flat area unfortunately... No DH trails around here. Originally built this as a novelty (and for when I travel)... turns out the Lifeline rides surprisingly well even on the local singletrack and enduro style trails. Very manageable despite the weight and geo. It's a 26" #26aintdead. I can tell by your username that you have taste in the classics lol .

Absolutely loving it so far. Feels well balanced, grippy and plush. The tires seem fine... obviously picked them for aesthetics originally, but they are performing well too. Wish I had bought more of them, since whitewall 26" tires are basically nonexistent now.

On another note, the Lifeline made Vital MTB Bike of the Day today! Never thought one of my bikes would be featured Big Grin

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Philitup,36601/setup,45197

Vital MTB Bike of the Day 1 3 2022. 2014 Antidote Lifeline DH

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
Philitup wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Philitup wrote:

Excellent point. I have some spare chainstay protectors lying around. Will definitely stick one on. I live in a very flat area unfortunately... No DH trails around here. Originally built this as a novelty (and for when I travel)... turns out the Lifeline rides surprisingly well even on the local singletrack and enduro style trails. Very manageable despite the weight and geo. It's a 26" #26aintdead. I can tell by your username that you have taste in the classics lol .

Absolutely loving it so far. Feels well balanced, grippy and plush. The tires seem fine... obviously picked them for aesthetics originally, but they are performing well too. Wish I had bought more of them, since whitewall 26" tires are basically nonexistent now.

On another note, the Lifeline made Vital MTB Bike of the Day today! Never thought one of my bikes would be featured Big Grin

Old pic

That’s awesome man! Here’s my classic, which was also bike of the day!

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Faster-Than-U,27599/setup,41669

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 19:18 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Philitup wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Old pic

That’s awesome man! Here’s my classic, which was also bike of the day!

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Faster-Than-U,27599/setup,41669

DUDE. I can't even begin to describe how clean that build is! Goals! Cannot believe you got it down to 32 lbs too... insanely light. In theory I could shed some weight on the Antidote by swapping the rims/tires and removing the bashguard... Unfortunately I really like my current wheel/tire combo, so don't intend to change it. Still might be able to shed a pound or so by working the other details.

We are twinning on the drivetrain and rotors Big Grin

The Light Bicycle rims look so good, and I've heard nothing but great things about them. Planning to use those to build a wheelset for the enduro bike and trials bike in the future. They really transform every build

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 20:08 Quote

This was my v10 back in 2013. Had it under 30lbs.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 21:05 Quote
Noice Fredo! That’s insanely light. And thanks Philitup! You have a sick build and you could definitely drop a couple pounds in the wheels if you wanted to. But still a sick bike as is. Beer

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 22:35 Quote
@fredro Such a dope build. Yeah I've seen the wild stuff Christiaan and Dangerholm have built too... Insanely lightweight rigs. No way I have the budget currently for a build like that, but it would be awesome down the road.

@Twenty6ers4life Thanks dude Big Grin Yeah might tweak a few details to drop some weight but leaving the wheels as-is for now. The bike feels great already so I'm in no rush to change it lol

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 4:40 Quote
Tks fellas! Cheers!

Never made it to “Bike of the day”, but I loved that bike! Miss it, and regretted selling it.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
fredro wrote:
Tks fellas! Cheers!

Never made it to “Bike of the day”, but I loved that bike! Miss it, and regretted selling it.

I bet. I considered getting a carbon V10, (26”) for a super light build back in the day, but I just couldn’t afford it at the time. I was going to put a regular drivetrain and dropper on it and use it as my everything bike. I could still drop some weight off the M9 by switching out the onyx hubs to something lighter, but I really dig them and the custom engraving on them. I will end up stealing parts from the M9 though once my ebike frame arrives. But I’ll still keep it and eventually put it back together.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 9:51 Quote
Onyx hubs are LOVE, Onyx hubs are LIFE!
My favorite hubs of all time, and I owned just about every major brand out there. I don’t care about the weight penalty or the hefty price tag. The instantaneous engagement and silent stealth mode is worth the price of admission.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
fredro wrote:
Onyx hubs are LOVE, Onyx hubs are LIFE!
My favorite hubs of all time, and I owned just about every major brand out there. I don’t care about the weight penalty or the hefty price tag. The instantaneous engagement and silent stealth mode is worth the price of admission.

Agreed, chris king or Onyx

I couldn’t get along with the 26 v10 carbon, the 27.5 and v10.7 work alot better for me

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015564
Mobile Version of Website