The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 10:25 Quote
@Christiaan… I remember our conversations about the v10s way back in the day lol.

Onyx
Chris King
Industry 9

My top 3, in that order.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
fredro wrote:
@Christiaan… I remember our conversations about the v10s way back in the day lol.

Onyx
Chris King
Industry 9

My top 3, in that order.

Ah, when we were young……… hahaha

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 15:06 Quote
fredro wrote:

Onyx
Chris King
Industry 9

My top 3, in that order.

I like those 3 as well, but I decided to try a set of Tune Kong hubs for my upcoming ebike build. We’ll see how they work out, but they’re pretty fing light. Not as light as my Extralite hubs on Berd spokes, but I wouldn’t trust either of those on an ebike.

Tune Hubs for new wheel build

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
DT Swiss... no flash but no drama either, they just work.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 19:10 Quote
Mildly surprised nobody is mentioning Hope.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 19:16 Quote
Philitup wrote:

Have only rode hope up front so I'm not qualified to chime in.

I did, however just order a Hadley. That's a hub that needs some more attention. Will update once I get it built up and on a few rides.

My roommate runs onyx and when the budget allows I will definitely own a set.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 20:11 Quote
Philitup wrote:

Dt swiss and Hope have been my choices in the past. Both brands have served me well.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
Hadley hubs are top notch too. Had great experiences with the two sets I owned. Quality stuff.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 5:57 Quote
fredro wrote:
Hadley hubs are top notch too. Had great experiences with the two sets I owned. Quality stuff.
Hadley were excellent... are they still around? I haven't even seen a Hadley in like three or four years now.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
fredro wrote:
Hadley were excellent... are they still around? I haven't even seen a Hadley in like three or four years now.

Apparently they even make Boost hub, but still not website etc.......... I used to get parts etc through Balle Racing

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
christiaan wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
fredro wrote:

Apparently they even make Boost hub, but still not website etc.......... I used to get parts etc through Balle Racing

The hub I ordered is boost, stoked to try it out!

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 12:12 Quote
clapped-out-46 wrote:
christiaan wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

The hub I ordered is boost, stoked to try it out!

#1, They are, the the owners wife called me back about getting a blank for a 2002 V10 rear hub without the holes cut for spokes as the one I have is 32 and I *want*~ not need a 36H hub and unfortunetaly they don't make those sizes at all... I can probably rim off the hub shell design and spin it out at BTC.

Their number is +1 (909) 946 6780

#2, yup.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
I had a 150mm hadley hub that went through about 6-7 dh bikes over the years I'd hazard to guess.

It does need some specialty tools to service (which came with the hub) but then again you don't need to service them either really, they just go forever.

Also had good success with Hope Pro4 and DT350's.

Buy once, cry once when it comes to wheels! A good set will carry over a few bikes pending the axle/spacing standard doesn't change again lol.

Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 4:25 Quote
So I've just ordered a 2022 Trek Session, due to come in around June.

Is anybody in here on the high pivot session and if so, how are you finding it?

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 9:44 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:

The rocky is my dads, (its for sale.)
the spec is mine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015258
Mobile Version of Website