The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
millsr4 wrote:
My rebuild on this Turner DHR is finally complete! At this point the only original part from when I got it back in 2019 is the seat post. With only about $3000 invested, including the bike purchase, I'd say it is well worth the money!

Frame - Turner DHR 2013 Rear Shock - FOX DHX2 Coil 2020 Fork - RockShox Zeb Ultimate 190mm 2022 Headset - Cane Creek 40 Series Handlebar - Renthal Fatbar Lite 31.8 Stem Renthal Apex 50mm 31.8 Grips - Ergon GE1 Slim Brakes - TRP Quadiem G-Spec Shifter - Shimano Zee Derailleur - Shimano Zee Chainguide - Fouriers Cranks - Shimano Saint 165mm Bottom Bracket Shimano Saint Chain - KMC Cassette - Sunrace Pedals - Nukeproof Horizon Sam Hill Front Wheel - Stan s Flow D 27.5 rim w Shimano hub Rear Wheel - Spank Spike 33 26 rim w Shimano Saint hub Front Tire - Maxxis Assegai EXO Maxx Grip 2.5 Rear Tire - Maxxis DHR II EXO Maxx Terra 2.4 w cushcore Saddle - SDG
Frame - Turner DHR 2013 Rear Shock - FOX DHX2 Coil 2020 Fork - RockShox Zeb Ultimate 190mm 2022 Headset - Cane Creek 40 Series Handlebar - Renthal Fatbar Lite 31.8 Stem Renthal Apex 50mm 31.8 Grips - Ergon GE1 Slim Brakes - TRP Quadiem G-Spec Shifter - Shimano Zee Derailleur - Shimano Zee Chainguide - Fouriers Cranks - Shimano Saint 165mm Bottom Bracket Shimano Saint Chain - KMC Cassette - Sunrace Pedals - Nukeproof Horizon Sam Hill Front Wheel - Stan s Flow D 27.5 rim w Shimano hub Rear Wheel - Spank Spike 33 26 rim w Shimano Saint hub Front Tire - Maxxis Assegai EXO Maxx Grip 2.5 Rear Tire - Maxxis DHR II EXO Maxx Terra 2.4 w cushcore Saddle - SDG

Frame - Turner DHR 2013 size M
Rear Shock - FOX DHX2 Coil 2020 (w/ RWC needle bearing hardware)
Fork - RockShox Zeb Ultimate 27.5 180mm 38mm offset 2022
Brakes - TRP Quadiem G-Spec
Headset - Cane Creek 40 Series
Handlebar - Renthal Fatbar Lite 31.8
Stem - Renthal Apex 50mm 31.8
Grips - Ergon GE1 Slim
Shifter - Shimano Zee
Derailleur - Shimano Zee
Chainguide - Fouriers
Cranks - Shimano Saint 165mm
Bottom Bracket Shimano Saint
Chain - KMC
Cassette - Sunrace
Pedals - Nukeproof Horizon Sam Hill
Front Wheel - Stan's Flow D 27.5" rim w/Shimano MT400 hub
Rear Wheel - Spank Spike 33 26" rim w/ Shimano Saint hub
Front Tire - Maxxis Assegai EXO+ Maxx Grip 2.5
Rear Tire - Maxxis DHR II EXO Maxx Terra 2.4 w/ Cushcore
Saddle - SDG

Definitely worth it. It looks brilliant

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 14:41 Quote
Hey guys, question kinda deal.

Got my eye on a NOS 2019 Gambler 710 at a pretty silly price. Thinking about diving in. Any heads up with that model year?

Mod
Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 16:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Hey guys, question kinda deal.

Got my eye on a NOS 2019 Gambler 710 at a pretty silly price. Thinking about diving in. Any heads up with that model year?
i know they were loved quite a bit but had more pedal kickback. I always wanted a scott voltage.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
Here's the bike I just finished building. I bought an Intense M16 raw frame off craigslist that was still new in box, never been built. It was advertised as a 2017 but I have no way to know for sure, I think these were originally released in 2016. I haven't ridden it yet, on my way to Silver Mountain in the morning.

I cheaped out on the wheelset: bought an "NS Bikes Enigma Rocks" dh wheelset off CRC. They seem ok but let's see how they look after tomorrow. Also budget/sale nukeproof stem/bars/bash/guide and a cheapo seatpost and seat that came with the bike.

Brakes are Saints. Drivetrain is mix of GX DH and X01 (shifter and cranks); carbon cranks (to save weight Blank Stare haha; actually they came with the bike so I used 'em).

I've got maxxis tires on all my other bikes so decided to try something different.

Hopefully it doesn't suck!!

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Mod
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 20:02 Quote
sweet lookin bike!

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
Rad, love that raw frame with the red Marzocchi! I had the same bar and stem on my DH bike, the shape felt good from the get go and they are hard to beat on price vs value.

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 0:58 Quote
saberworks wrote:
Here's the bike I just finished building. I bought an Intense M16 raw frame off craigslist that was still new in box, never been built. It was advertised as a 2017 but I have no way to know for sure, I think these were originally released in 2016. I haven't ridden it yet, on my way to Silver Mountain in the morning.

I cheaped out on the wheelset: bought an "NS Bikes Enigma Rocks" dh wheelset off CRC. They seem ok but let's see how they look after tomorrow. Also budget/sale nukeproof stem/bars/bash/guide and a cheapo seatpost and seat that came with the bike.

Brakes are Saints. Drivetrain is mix of GX DH and X01 (shifter and cranks); carbon cranks (to save weight Blank Stare haha; actually they came with the bike so I used 'em).

I've got maxxis tires on all my other bikes so decided to try something different.

Hopefully it doesn't suck!!

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

I loved the colour combination. Red matches with raw grey frame. Maybe you can chuck red pedal, stem cap, tubeless valve in red (if using tubeless tyre of course )

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
TravellerSeko wrote:
I loved the colour combination. Red matches with raw grey frame. Maybe you can chuck red pedal, stem cap, tubeless valve in red (if using tubeless tyre of course )
Thanks! It's got tubes in it for now because I couldn't get the right tubeless tape locally, waiting for the package. I do have red valves for it. I also ordered the splash stamp7 red/black pedals, hopefully they'll look good on it!

I cut the seatpost shorter and threw the seat in the photo in the garbage. It's so flexy in the middle it was coming off the rails just riding around the neighborhood burning in the brakes. Off to silver mountain for the maiden voyage...

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
have a nice trip

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 10:45 Quote
saberworks wrote:
TravellerSeko wrote:
Thanks! It's got tubes in it for now because I couldn't get the right tubeless tape locally, waiting for the package. I do have red valves for it. I also ordered the splash stamp7 red/black pedals, hopefully they'll look good on it!

I cut the seatpost shorter and threw the seat in the photo in the garbage. It's so flexy in the middle it was coming off the rails just riding around the neighborhood burning in the brakes. Off to silver mountain for the maiden voyage...

I would just caution you to not go too hard on the red accents... less is more with color accents on a build IMO and this build is super clean so far!

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 15:42 Quote
I concur. It’s very nice as is.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
Thanks all! Had fun at Silver Mountain. The bike did great. The only thing that was wonky was about halfway through the day the derailleur came out of adjustment. No big deal. Oh and my front brake line is too long, I need to shorten it up to quiet it down.

I really like the bomber 58 fork (like 1000% improvement over boxxer select I had on my Demo), the tires, and the shock, but the stars of the show are those Saint brakes! It just takes so much less pressure to slow/stop the bike compared to the Code R, Code RS, and Code RSCs I have on my other bikes. One finger braking and no tired hands. Really happy with them.

I understand why SRAM fans have a problem with them, though, it took a little while to get used to all the power with vastly less lever pressure. Definitely thinking of replacing all my SRAM brakes at this point.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 18:22 Quote
saberworks wrote:
Thanks all! Had fun at Silver Mountain. The bike did great. The only thing that was wonky was about halfway through the day the derailleur came out of adjustment. No big deal. Oh and my front brake line is too long, I need to shorten it up to quiet it down.

I really like the bomber 58 fork (like 1000% improvement over boxxer select I had on my Demo), the tires, and the shock, but the stars of the show are those Saint brakes! It just takes so much less pressure to slow/stop the bike compared to the Code R, Code RS, and Code RSCs I have on my other bikes. One finger braking and no tired hands. Really happy with them.

I understand why SRAM fans have a problem with them, though, it took a little while to get used to all the power with vastly less lever pressure. Definitely thinking of replacing all my SRAM brakes at this point.

What was better about the bomber? I'm thinking about changing to one next season

I also just put a kryptotal front on. Excited to try it next weekend

2021 Commencal Furious

New front tire, pads, death grips. Also changed the flip chip to responsive as next weekend is jumps and flow

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 20:03 Quote
greatdividers wrote:
What was better about the bomber? I'm thinking about changing to one next season

I also just put a kryptotal front on. Excited to try it next weekend

Much much better small/medium/large bump compliance. On the boxxer it didn't matter how I had the pressure or how the compression/rebound was set. I spent 2 years trying to make the boxxer feel right and I never could get it there, it always felt really harsh on bumps/chatter. It was great for landing jumps/drop, it felt like landing on a cloud, but any chatter in the trail and I was getting beat up and felt like I was getting vibrated sideways. I also had a problem with creaking that always sounded like it was coming from the fork. LBS sent it in for warranty and they serviced it and sent it back and said nothing was wrong with it -- that I should use a different kind of grease on the clamps and clamp bolts. LBS used the new/fancy kind of grease and it was quiet for one trip, then the next one it started creaking again.

I even upgraded the air spring and damper on that fork, and it made a huge difference, but honestly still feel like the bomber is better. But obviously I only have one ride on it so maybe it's not real, just because I'm excited about the new bike? Maybe something about the Demo it was on translated into the fork or something, I don't know. I'm happy to be off that Demo, though, I never really got along with it.

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
saberworks wrote:
TravellerSeko wrote:

What is your seat? I’m planning to buy Chromag Overture. It looks awesome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029499
Mobile Version of Website