The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
mior wrote:
you think that little angle does anything?
It allows for the reservoir to be a little bit bigger and still maintain better clearance.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
christiaan wrote:
fredro wrote:
Really liking my Float X and my X2 (believe it or not)!

Wait what? A float x2 that actually works and doesn’t need a rebuild every other ride?

*runs and knocks on wood Eek

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
not new gen fox but i have put my van RC through hell and back and it hasnt needed anything despite sitting dormant in a very dry environment for 6/7 years

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
mior wrote:
not new gen fox but i have put my van RC through hell and back and it hasnt needed anything despite sitting dormant in a very dry environment for 6/7 years

Yeah I'm several seasons into my Bomber CR (essentially a Van RC) and it hasnt needed anything. Impressive durability

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
devin-m wrote:
mior wrote:

Yeah I'm several seasons into my Bomber CR (essentially a Van RC) and it hasnt needed anything. Impressive durability
heavy though

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 14:00 Quote
mior wrote:
devin-m wrote:
mior wrote:

heavy though

About as heavy as every coil shock on the market? No one buys a coil to save weight.

The shock its self is lighter than a DHX2 likely due to less adjustability.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
devin-m wrote:
mior wrote:
devin-m wrote:

heavy though

About as heavy as every coil shock on the market? No one buys a coil to save weight.

The shock its self is lighter than a DHX2 likely due to less adjustability.
i guess an sls or ti coil would help

Posted: Dec 31, 2022 at 15:37 Quote
devin-m wrote:
mior wrote:

I got a bomber cr that makes a clicking noise on compression. It gets worse the more compression damping you run. Apparently a nut came loose inside the shock. I got it because i thought it would be “reliable”. It works fine but damn that noise pisses me off sometimes!

Posted: Jan 1, 2023 at 0:29 Quote
Perhaps this little wavy washer is cracked or snapped. It could also be a shim in the compression damping stack.
Either way, a full tear down is the only way to find out.

Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 13:56 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
Perhaps this little wavy washer is cracked or snapped. It could also be a shim in the compression damping stack.
Either way, a full tear down is the only way to find out.
The guys i bought it from said something to that effect so i think you’re spot on. I’m pretty positive warranty will cover the rebuild i just need to send her off!

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016542
Mobile Version of Website