Bike protection on hitch mounted rack

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bike protection on hitch mounted rack
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
gnarlysipes wrote:
The bigger problem I’ve seen with covers is they’ll cover my tail lights. Truck it is. With a full size cab. I’m in the market for a new vehicle anyway...

You could wire up some lights and mount them on the rack's rails. A few hours of work and some inexpensive parts from AliExpress. Lot cheaper than a truck.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
Saris makes a light bar that attaches onto the back of the rack so your brake and turn signals are on the rack. Then you could use whatever you wanted to cover up the bike. Also a lot cheaper then a truck
https://youtu.be/MdPBCTMI0qM

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 11:49 Quote
I think he just wants a new truck.

"See honey, I tried to find a solution." Hehe

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
gmoss wrote:

You’re not wrong. But I’ll look at some other options too.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
gnarlysipes wrote:
The bigger problem I’ve seen with covers is they’ll cover my tail lights. Truck it is. With a full size cab. I’m in the market for a new vehicle anyway...

You could wire up some lights and mount them on the rack's rails. A few hours of work and some inexpensive parts from AliExpress. Lot cheaper than a truck.

And BONUS, that bike wrap should block ALL toll booth, speed trap, and stop light cameras.,,

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 20:44 Quote
undescended wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
gnarlysipes wrote:

And BONUS, that bike wrap should block ALL toll booth, speed trap, and stop light cameras.,,

shhhh ...

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
We don’t exactly have lenient highway patrolmen in Utah (especially in Millard County on the way from SLC to St. George/Hurricane) but I don’t run a license plate up front and if I have a bike on the hitch, there’s little chance they can see my plate on the back. *Cross fingers* I’ve yet to be pulled over or cited.

Looks like 1up offers a light bar solution as well. And a license plate holder for when I get pulled over the first time for hiding my plate.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 4:05 Quote
gnarlysipes wrote:
gmoss wrote:

You’re not wrong. But I’ll look at some other options too.

Haha. It doesn't take much to justify our need for manly things. Wink

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
roof rack, won't get near as dirty up there

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
Thimmy wrote:
roof rack, won't get near as dirty up there
For sure. I just don’t want the hassle of a roof rack. Especially on a truck or SUV.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:09 Quote
gnarlysipes wrote:
I’d break it down if I had room, but I’m usually with my wife and kids...

Have you considered putting the kids on the hitch mounted rack, and the bikes inside?

Would make for a clean bike AND a much quieter ride.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004898
Mobile Version of Website