Sag% for Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Sag% for Sentinel
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
Hi. I recently got a 2017 transition sentinel and was curious does anyone know how much sag front and rear is recommended for this bike? Thanks

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 20:48 Quote
Front sag isn't really a good measurement, I would say to just start with whatever the fork manufacturer recommends for pressure and decide from there. In the back, transition says 18-20mm (it's printed on the frame) using their method of setting sag (sit on dropped saddle with hands off the bars, lift your feet off of the ground) if you have a dpx2 the general consensus is somewhere around body weight +45psi

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
The Sentinel has a fairly linear motion ratio curve, so it works best with less sag than many other bikes.

Below are approximate numbers for percent sag, measured at the wheel, and the shock compression to achieve the sag. I suggest 25% - 30%. If you like the bike "poppy" or "playful", use less sag and few or no volume reducers. If you like more "planted" or "glued to the ground", use more sag and some volume reducers.

20%: 11 mm
25%: 14 mm
30%: 17 mm
33%: 19 mm

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
The Sentinel has a fairly linear motion ratio curve, so it works best with less sag than many other bikes.

Below are approximate numbers for percent sag, measured at the wheel, and the shock compression to achieve the sag. I suggest 25% - 30%. If you like the bike "poppy" or "playful", use less sag and few or no volume reducers. If you like more "planted" or "glued to the ground", use more sag and some volume reducers.

20%: 11 mm
25%: 14 mm
30%: 17 mm
33%: 19 mm

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. I will try these setups

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010056
Mobile Version of Website