Tyee 2020

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
Oh my god that sounds horrendous! Heal up soon man

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
That sounds pretty bad indeed. The old bike definitely got jealous and cursed you on its last ride !!!

But seriously, heal up well.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 15:46 Quote
So sorry to hear that Wilco, sounds like a very sore one. That's bad luck for sure. Sending you positive healing vibes. Get well soon.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 14:37 Quote
Thank you guys.

Gives me more time to plan and buy more bits for the Tyre. Cool

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 23:44 Quote
Are you having the collar bone plated and pinned?

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 2:41 Quote
TheTexanBavarian wrote:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a tyee 29 but I'm torn between L or XL I'm 186cm, I like my friends yt capra XL for size but also I'm bmx minded so maybe the L would be a bit snappier to throw around... Thoughts anyone?

I'm as tall as you and i ordered a size L

Wilko79 wrote:
...Gives me more time to plan and buy more bits for the Tyre. Cool

healing vibes man !!! btw...you'll end up buying EVERY possible upgrade the market has to offer....i'd do the same Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Thank you all for the healing vibes, nearly a week in and I have only managed to get a couple of sneak peaks of my Tyee. It isn't built, so don't judge too heavily. There is plenty to change on it when I am able.

I think you will agree it is a gorgeous bike. I cannot wait to throw my leg over it and take her for a suspension setup spin down some of my local trails. I am hoping they will stay dry for me.

Btw is am 183cm, 185 in my riding shoes. This is an XL 29er with 180cm OneUp dropper. No pedals on but from my measurements I think the collar will raise maybe 5-7mm when setup and it should be spot on for me. Cool

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
BenScanlan77 wrote:
Are you having the collar bone plated and pinned?

Neither. Au natural.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 0:48 Quote
Beautiful bike Wilco. I got my emails for production and shipping yesterday, one week ahead of planned production day !

So impatient now to receive the big box. I ordered a raw al, so it's going to be a completely different bike from yours.

Let me now refresh the DHL tab to see if something changed since I last checked 30 seconds ago.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
That certainly is a sweet looking machine! Hopefully you'll be riding it in anger soon Wilco.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 3:50 Quote
Thanks for info on the dropper Wilco. I pulled the trigger on the One Up 210 for my XL AL. It can be shimmed to 190 if needed.

Just hope it's not too long!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
For those of you waiting, i have a planned production date of 25-9-20 and I have received my first email for build today (22-9-20) so they seem to be right on track!
Stoked!
[29" CF Raw]

Wilko79 wrote:
Btw is am 183cm, 185 in my riding shoes. This is an XL 29er with 180cm OneUp dropper.

I am exactly as tall as you....why did you decide to size-up to XL ???
Following Propain's charts we should go on a size L (which I already order BTW)

Dropper...180...I wish they had that option, I had to settle for 160

fontafox wrote:
Wilko79 wrote:
Btw is am 183cm, 185 in my riding shoes. This is an XL 29er with 180cm OneUp dropper.

I am exactly as tall as you....why did you decide to size-up to XL ???
Following Propain's charts we should go on a size L (which I already order BTW)

Dropper...180...I wish they had that option, I had to settle for 160

My choice was based on seat tube length and reach. Based on my old MTB being the same height seat tube and I wanted the reach of 480-495. I've got a 35mm stem and 20mm riser bars with not.kuch sweep. The fit looks on paper perfect.

I agree if you read the charts then it would have been a Large, however if you read the geometry chart instead then you could.make.it.work. there was also a review somewhere about sizing up.

I didn't order a dropper from Propain, I just ordered a OneUp post and installed it when it came to give me the perfect fit.

When I am.able to throw my.leg over it (I am currently laid up with injuries) it will.show.if my measurements were correct. But even if I am out I can add the shims to.the dropper to drop it to 170 or 160. Big Grin I'll let you know how it.goes.

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
I actualy compared the geometry with my current bike and came up with L ..... Home i'm not too wrong :-P

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006563
Mobile Version of Website