Tyee 2020

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
shred-zilla wrote:
Wilko79 wrote:
shred-zilla wrote:
Ok thanks for the input, last question I have is about the standover height. I'm coming from a primarily BMX race background and on my 2018 Jeffsy, I feel like the standover height is one of the biggest issues I have. I read a bit on the reviews saying it was a small issue.. and it's hard to research the data because Propain didn't publish the seat tube height.
Has anyone had an issue with this?
Thanks again!

I had a 2018 27.5 Jeffsy CF Pro before my Propain Tyee. The top tube is lower on the Tyre than the Jeffsy. There is much more room. The seat tube on the Large Jeffsy was the same
height as an XL Tyee CF., But the stack height is greater.

Unfortunately I don't have a side by side picture.

Try these:
https://www.yt-industries.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/1917

https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/bikes/enduro/tyee-cf/
You can also compare bikes here:

https://geometrygeeks.bike

Hope that helps.

Yes thank you for the information! I would be riding medium. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like a crazy high seat tube. It just came up and I wanted to ask the questions. I feel like some people always find one thing to write a negative about. The seat tube on the Jeffsy isn't a show stopper, I just prefer it to be shorter. Also, that is funny that we are both transitioning from the same bikes

If it puts your mind at rest regarding the seat tube height...I'm only a little 1.68m and I've got the medium Tyee and it's fine. I fit the OneUp 150mm dropper too and can use the full 150mm of drop on it. It's perfect.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 7:40 Quote
First day on the trails. Was so worth the wait.
Raw carbon looks sexy as hell, although Heli tape is a must, I think it will scuff up pretty easily

photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/19498575/

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
ABZ-JAG wrote:
First day on the trails. Was so worth the wait.
Raw carbon looks sexy as hell, although Heli tape is a must, I think it will scuff up pretty easily

photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/19498575/

Look sweet mate! Smile I agree on the wrapping. And dry trails - it tipping it down in the South iof the UK right now.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
Today was the day! Frame is assembled and cablerouting done.
Production date was set to 09.10.2020 so Propain are on track!

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
Fojjer wrote:
Today was the day! Frame is assembled and cablerouting done.
Production date was set to 09.10.2020 so Propain are on track!

Has it arrived now?? Photos please!

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 0:44 Quote
Just got my L Raw Al during the week.
So far so good. Have a bit more suspension setup to do.
Maybe change the tires but time will tell

photo

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
BogDonkey wrote:
Just got my L Raw Al during the week.
So far so good. Have a bit more suspension setup to do.
Maybe change the tires but time will tell

photo

Looking good dude, raw alloy ends up looking great in the flesh!

A side note, after a night ride in the muck, I've put a fair scuff in the non-drive seat stay. Looks like it's from heel rub. Typically it's right in between 2 bits of Heli tape.... Got it covered now and looking a bit more inconspicuous but a word of warning, as expected that Raw carbon finish is sexy but delicate!!!

Been on YouTube looking up fine sanding and respray of carbon finishes to touch up.... Maybe a job for the spring if I have the balls....

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Has it arrived now?? Photos please![/Quote]

No, not yet! I'll let you know!!

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
Oh shit ABZ-JAG that's not good. I am getting mien wrapped as I did think the same. That high gloss looks gorgeous, but it's screaming for scratches.

I hope you manage to get it sorted mate.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Oh shit ABZ-JAG that's not good. I am getting mien wrapped as I did think the same. That high gloss looks gorgeous, but it's screaming for scratches.

I hope you manage to get it sorted mate.

Ach it is what it is at the end of the day... Was gonna happen at some point! I guess the positive is that I'm getting more helitape and going to wrap the shit out of it ????

Maybe when the invisiframe kit gets released I'll get that on there instead and see if it's better coverage than my garage job!

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 0:52 Quote
What size frame are you? Invisiframe have a 27.5 in a Medium and a 29 in Large.

Part of me wasn't going to wrap mine, but for moments like yours I think i would regret not doing it. I hope you can make it look good.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 4:58 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
What size frame are you? Invisiframe have a 27.5 in a Medium and a 29 in Large.

Part of me wasn't going to wrap mine, but for moments like yours I think i would regret not doing it. I hope you can make it look good.

Ah really? thats new then i had checked a few weeks ago and they only had 27.5 kits - the L would work will check that out! cheers!

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 0:34 Quote
This bike is RAPID. Coming from a 27.5" Capra, really notice the big wheels on faster, open sections. It seems to carry a lot of speed through choppy flatter sections where the Capra used to bog down. I am also enjoying how much happier the Tyee is hopping and popping off and over rocks on the trails, makes for a really active ride!

Pic from last night - granite slabs at the top may be dry, but don't let that fool you......

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
Good to hear mate, I have come from a 27.5 Jeffsy so i expect to notice a "little" difference. I just need to shake my injuries and then i'll be able to go out and ride.

Photo look great, awesome location!

Here go you!

https://www.invisiframe.co.uk/tyee-29-carbon-2021.html

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
ABZ-JAG wrote:
This bike is RAPID. Coming from a 27.5" Capra, really notice the big wheels on faster, open sections. It seems to carry a lot of speed through choppy flatter sections where the Capra used to bog down. I am also enjoying how much happier the Tyee is hopping and popping off and over rocks on the trails, makes for a really active ride!

Pic from last night - granite slabs at the top may be dry, but don't let that fool you......

photo
Nice!....what year capta did you have? I have 2018 and considering tyee or maybe spindrift....among others.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016960
Mobile Version of Website