Tyee 2020

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
Hopefully my bike is only four weeks away now. I added the Fox 36 Factory Kashima 170mm forks to my spec but believe Fox no longer do the 36 in 170mm travel and that's now only available on the 38. Just wondered if anyone had recently received a bike with Fox forks and whether they got the newer 38 yet or whether Propain are using up 36's they maybe have in stock? (They're still advertising the 36 on the site so expect that will be what's on it but would be nice to get the newer ones Smile )

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 1:36 Quote
radiorog wrote:
ABZ-JAG wrote:
This bike is RAPID. Coming from a 27.5" Capra, really notice the big wheels on faster, open sections. It seems to carry a lot of speed through choppy flatter sections where the Capra used to bog down. I am also enjoying how much happier the Tyee is hopping and popping off and over rocks on the trails, makes for a really active ride!

Pic from last night - granite slabs at the top may be dry, but don't let that fool you......

Nice!....what year capta did you have? I have 2018 and considering tyee or maybe spindrift....among others.

Was a 2014 Gen 1 - OG with the green Kermit paint job! Did me well for 5 years of thrashing, can defo see the progress on technology and design since then!

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
Hey guys, I still have to wait for my Tyee (just ordered wednesday), but in the meantime I'm interested in your cable routing. in a german forum I read that the Aluminium Tyee had the problem that the dropper cable was rubbing against the rear end leaving deep marks even after a short time which is easily fixed with a cable tie. have any of you guys had this problem or maybe didn't even notice so far?
another issue were the cable loops under the bottom bracket which get bigger and bigger with time, but also could be fixed with different solutions. would really like a few pictures if somebody has tried to do something.

if someone is interested in the german thread, you can see pictures of rubbing cables and a few bb management solutions here: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/probleme-mit-der-kabelfuehrung-am-tyee-2020.922269/
sorry if this was already asked before!

D3xt3rMTB wrote:
Hopefully my bike is only four weeks away now. I added the Fox 36 Factory Kashima 170mm forks to my spec but believe Fox no longer do the 36 in 170mm travel and that's now only available on the 38. Just wondered if anyone had recently received a bike with Fox forks and whether they got the newer 38 yet or whether Propain are using up 36's they maybe have in stock? (They're still advertising the 36 on the site so expect that will be what's on it but would be nice to get the newer ones Smile )

oem still get a 170mm 36 for 2021 from what I read in the german forum

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 2:22 Quote
"if someone is interested in the german thread, you can see pictures of rubbing cables and a few bb management solutions here: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/probleme-mit-der-kabelfuehrung-am-tyee-2020.922269/
sorry if this was already asked before!"

Interesting read that. Will be adding a bit of extra frame protection and a few cable ties when my Alu turns up just in case.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
My Tyee is now formally lost i europe somewhere... pretty shitty. Propain will solve it but have to wait for it to come back and then resend. First snow came yesterday.
Life is aaaargh!

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 23:58 Quote
Fojjer wrote:
My Tyee is now formally lost i europe somewhere... pretty shitty. Propain will solve it but have to wait for it to come back and then resend. First snow came yesterday.
Life is aaaargh!

Nightmare!! Hope it turns up soon

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
Can someone tell me how long the steerer tube is? And how short it could be? I have one on the way and want to preemptively order a replacement fork.

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
Hi guys,

Did you get a pedal washers with the bike? Thanks.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:39 Quote
Tomasar wrote:
Hi guys,

Did you get a pedal washers with the bike? Thanks.

Oddly, yes.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:45 Quote
crustin wrote:
Can someone tell me how long the steerer tube is? And how short it could be? I have one on the way and want to preemptively order a replacement fork.

If it any help my XL 29er came with 3 spacers. So the XL is 125 plus 3x 5mm spacers plus stem height.

L is 115mm, M is 105mm.

I can't find the stem height. But hope that helps.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
Thanks for the info, wilkomtb.

Another question: I'm planning on switching to microspline and need to get a new freehub. Anyone know what comes in the Propain ZTR FLOW MK3 wheels? Is it the durasync freehub?

Posted: Oct 31, 2020 at 14:40 Quote

Finally! After 16 weeks of waiting it came!
First proper ride tomorrow but feels really good! Can say that the geo is not so long as I aspected. Being 189cm on an XL 29" with 35mm stem it does not feel so big but Fits me percect!

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 2:10 Quote
OT QUESTION:

to those of you who placed an order: did you notice if in your profile the order status was regularly updated?

My orders are all "on hold" even if support says that they are being regularly processed.

Maybe Propain has simply a crappy e-commerce management system that doesn't update?

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 2:21 Quote
my order just says something like in processing from the beginning, not sure how it translates exactly. when have you ordered? and have you paid with bank transfer? maybe it still needs a few more days to arrive.

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 2:57 Quote
I ordered in the end of september, paid by bank transfer...so it has been processed for sure.

I guess they simply do not update the order status on my user profile.
(as a german you'll understand my perplexity around the non-corresponding Auftragsnummer and OrderID :-D )

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007110
Mobile Version of Website