Tyee 2020

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Thank you. Surely that's not the 2020 Tyee? I'm sure there are channels.i have already had the rock protector off and there are only small holes at the bottom.

I am hoping to thread some foam inserts into them.

Let's see what I find tomorrow.

this is a 2020 tyee cf. the channels are loose inside, and not laminated in to a hard channel like you could expect, thats exactly what you see here. the german posts following the linked comment discuss that the channels are only connected to the frame at the entry and exit points. the advertised internal routing in channels is kinda misleading.
so you don't actually hear cable rattle, it's noise from the channels that bounce around inside the frame

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 23:59 Quote
crustin wrote:
Got my Tyee and have a couple rides in. Super fun bike! With the Super Deluxe Ultimate it's incredibly playful and poppy for a "big" bike. But I think I'd like a coil for when I'm riding rougher stuff, which is often. Has anyone gone from air to coil? Thoughts? Or any tips on making the Super Deluxe more plush? FWIW I'm thinking about a Cane Creek DB IL coil shock.

I switched from the lowest RS Air Shock to the Coil Ultimate last week and the difference is quite remarkable! I haven't taken it through much rough stuff yet, but the ride feels a lot smoother. Maybe it lacks some popiness now and I have the feeling I get less feedback through the rear end - no suprises there.
I can only guess it's a blast through rooty sections and I will have it tested asap.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Yes I have done what those pictures show, it does deaden the sound somewhat, however there is some rattle from the cable in the channels on the gear and dropped cables as these are thinner. Something I am going to have to live with. I have tried to overcome as much noise as possible.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 7:53 Quote
good you could get it atleast a bit quieter.

my production date is end of january, but I changed my order to the formula cura 4 which are in the configurator since yesterday. I just hope it doesn't push back my production date more than one or two weeks. the configurator says the cura 4 can be delivered end of january too

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
maybenotaprofile wrote:
crustin wrote:
Got my Tyee and have a couple rides in. Super fun bike! With the Super Deluxe Ultimate it's incredibly playful and poppy for a "big" bike. But I think I'd like a coil for when I'm riding rougher stuff, which is often. Has anyone gone from air to coil? Thoughts? Or any tips on making the Super Deluxe more plush? FWIW I'm thinking about a Cane Creek DB IL coil shock.

I switched from the lowest RS Air Shock to the Coil Ultimate last week and the difference is quite remarkable! I haven't taken it through much rough stuff yet, but the ride feels a lot smoother. Maybe it lacks some popiness now and I have the feeling I get less feedback through the rear end - no suprises there.
I can only guess it's a blast through rooty sections and I will have it tested asap.
No experience with coil, but I took out a spacer from the X2, as I felt like the combo of air and linkage was too progressive. (At correct SAG I had travel left or to use full travel I would need more SAG causing it to ride deep in travel, which is waisting travel)

And ended with relatively low HSC and medium LSC i believe.

Approximately 30% SAG and full travel on the biggest Bikepark drop I normally do with Enduro bike.

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
I got to ride through some roots today and from what I can feel, the coil smoothens out the surface quite a bit better. I have to admit though that I'm not the most sensible guy when it comes to suspension settings so don't expect too much sciency stuff here. I'm still confused by the outsmoothed lack of feedback in the rear end but I feel like it works more efficient now. With my bare weight of 65kg I run the 400lbs coil and with 2,5 turns of preload I'm at 30% sag and never felt like I ran out of travel. Even on some cased landings I have never had any trouble. But enough unprecise chatter from me. Have fun on your bikes!

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
Hey all! I love this thread. I'm considering adding a Tyee CF to the stable. I'm looking at posts related to durability.

-I've seen that the matte black seems delicate. I wrap bikes before riding but still interesting to note!
-There's a report of cable channel noise inside the frame.

Do any of you current owners have feedback on the fit/finish/durability of the frame?
Now that you are past the "honeymoon" stage, would you buy it again?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 4:34 Quote
I've got the message from propain today Smile
I placed an order in mid August with production date estimated Dec/18.
"Your order has been picked. We got everything together to build your bike. 
The next step is to assemble everything. It won't take long now till you receive your treat!"

Anybody knows when I can expect delivery, 2-3 weeks or more? Which courier they use, DHL or some other?

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
Tomasar wrote:
The next step is to assemble everything. It won't take long now till you receive your treat!"

Anybody knows when I can expect delivery, 2-3 weeks or more? Which courier they use, DHL or some other?

Got mine last week. Despatch was 3 days after that message and received 3 business days after that to UK. And yes, DHL.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 5:30 Quote
D3xt3rMTB wrote:
Got mine last week. Despatch was 3 days after that message and received 3 business days after that to UK. And yes, DHL.

Thanks Wink
Just to get it before lockdown, especially if they close the trails as they did in March.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
if anyone cares, they have a 50% off sale for apparel at the moment

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
Tomasar wrote:

What have you ordered? I have the same production date and now I keep refreshing my inbox Drool

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
D3xt3rMTB wrote:
Tomasar wrote:

I ordered mine August 25th. Is yours Alu or Carbon?

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
Two hours ago I got email with DHL tracking number Smile .... so I got all four emails in one day....
Bike is AL 29 inch xl, Lyrik ultim, s delux coil ultim, S1 wheelset, xo rear, xo shifter, gx casette, gx front, bike joke 160 dropper, code rsc...

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
Tomasar wrote:
Two hours ago I got email with DHL tracking number Smile .... so I got all four emails in one day....
Bike is AL 29 inch xl, Lyrik ultim, s delux coil ultim, S1 wheelset, xo rear, xo shifter, gx casette, gx front, bike joke 160 dropper, code rsc...

Awesome news! I have the same PD as you and AL XL Raw frame, RS + Air, GX. Now Hoping for similar Emails soon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012225
Mobile Version of Website