Tyee 2020

| Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
FYI, mine had original production date 29.05.2020, but it has been shipped before the weekend. Now in transit with DHL. So Propain is on track!tup
Nice one dude.

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 3:23 Quote
Love my propain! Its brand new this year but still 2019 design, the cables coming out the bottom bracket arent an issue at all and they sit well above the base of the chain ring so no risk of getting caught.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 2:43 Quote
I'm hovering over the order button on a tyee 29 large. It's everything I want in a bike coming from trail 29er 130mm rear and 140mm front. My hang up is the chainstay length, I really don't want to go over 440mm. Can anyone convince me that that it's worth it to sacrifice the ease of lifting the front end due to shorter chainstays? Should I leave 29er behind and get the 27.5? Anyone know the tire clearance of the frame if I wanna go 27.5*2.6in on the back? I'm also looking at the new radon swoop large, the orbea rallon xl and a few others.

Edit: I live in Stockholm Sweden, 29ers are preferred here due to natural trails with lots of roots and rocks, my preferred type of riding. Getting more and more into bikepark and prepared runs and trails but still love the gnarly rough stuff

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
Cwarren79 wrote:
I'm hovering over the order button on a tyee 29 large. It's everything I want in a bike coming from trail 29er 130mm rear and 140mm front. My hang up is the chainstay length, I really don't want to go over 440mm. Can anyone convince me that that it's worth it to sacrifice the ease of lifting the front end due to shorter chainstays? Should I leave 29er behind and get the 27.5? Anyone know the tire clearance of the frame if I wanna go 27.5*2.6in on the back? I'm also looking at the new radon swoop large, the orbea rallon xl and a few others.

Edit: I live in Stockholm Sweden, 29ers are preferred here due to natural trails with lots of roots and rocks, my preferred type of riding. Getting more and more into bikepark and prepared runs and trails but still love the gnarly rough stuff

I just got mine, got to wrap it and swap some parts. I will let you know if it still wheelies, probably end of week I will go for the first spin.

Will give a first impression then.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Cwarren79 wrote:

I just got mine, got to wrap it and swap some parts. I will let you know if it still wheelies, probably end of week I will go for the first spin.

Will give a first impression then.
Result, good speed on delivery. Look forward to impressions. Have you read the review in the new enduro mag edition? Got best value bike, they really rated it. Id be interested to hear how much flex you notice in the rear triangle......

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
I had it before the weekend, but no foil yet...

You got a link for that review?

I got the alu version and from the living room test, is feels rather sturdy. Looks more overbuild actually.

Using a normal scale I had it about 15,2-15,3 kg with Fox and codes, and GX drivetrain, and newmen wheels. (no pedals)

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 11:15 Quote
No link as not pn websites yet i think, but if you download the enduro mag app, it is the latest edition, #43....big group test....pretty interesting. They just mention the seat stays not being braced adds to flex, but that it might not be a bad thing as it creates pop, but maybe not ideal if you like to land sideways......
The weight will be fine as the kinematics for climbing are more important....it will fly uphill. They said it was the best climber in test....

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
radiorog wrote:
No link as not pn websites yet i think, but if you download the enduro mag app, it is the latest edition, #43....big group test....pretty interesting. They just mention the seat stays not being braced adds to flex, but that it might not be a bad thing as it creates pop, but maybe not ideal if you like to land sideways......
The weight will be fine as the kinematics for climbing are more important....it will fly uphill. They said it was the best climber in test....
Might be a matter of reference but the Capra has really long unbraced seat stays as well with more linkage at the rear, adding potential flex.

There is a sturdy looking brace in between the chain stays. And the whole one peace rear triangle ends in pretty hefty links at the shock.

So probably a brace between the seat stays makes it stiffer, but I can't imagine it being less stiff then the Capra AL 15.

In this test: https://enduro-mtb.com/en/new-propain-tyee-29-2020-review/ No mentioning about flex. But mainly that the rear is not the plushest but more poppy/midstroke support. I think with a fox X2 you change quite a bit by opening HSC (and LSC). They tested a RS version. Because the frame is well suited with progression for coils you already have so much ramp up from the air, that it will support anyway. Same as the Capra's, big ramp up.

The pedal kick-back comment is a placebo thing, as on under forward speed and in medium to small cog you don't engage the hub.
Slow speed drops to flat, and on higher cogs yes..... but who does that any way. Going down I got my gears in the 25% smaller cogs and fast on drops.Wink

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
I thought the capra has braced seststays? There is a brace just after the tyre, giving clearence before the seatpost. But maybe like you say they thoight it was too stiff like that.
Yes i think the x2 shock wiuld be better than what they tested, and in fact i would definitely be going fox coil damper. In the new test they had a coil shock and they said it was brilliant.
And good point about the kickback, i cant imagine it being terrible, and youre right about using it in higher gears on the downhills. I always do this with the capra too to get the best out of it.....

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
Nope, only the chain stay.

Seatstay is only joined forward of the seattube at the shock. Tues has the same long seatstays un-braced until shock position.

Also the newer ones have no brace, only support of the link is more to the rear;

I missed the Limited edition, was sold out before I could order. But I think the Propain will be better allrounder including climbing.
I don't really need a mini DH bike, because I also have a DH bike (Tues).

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
Ah UK see, yeah right, the same as the tyee. On the newer cf capra there is a brace, here is mine.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18718311/

The tyee will be amazing, i am sure, and im really thinking of getting one. The review in enduro mag is worth a read if you can get it.....not that it matters , as you have the real thing in your possession Smile Smile
Yeah, i dont have a dh bike which is why im also thing of keeping 27.5 for jump days, but i really dont do them that iften, but i would like to. But i know people jump 29ers , so....?! Smile

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hi, just hovering around "order"button on propain tyee 27.5 cf frames. I have some questions about it.
First, how does it ride? I heard that rear suspension's kinematics are stiff....
Second, I am 166cm tall, and has some short arms, and i wonder small size would fit. will it fit?
of course i am using 40mm stem and maybe 770'ish bar.
Third, how's chainring clearance on boost cranksets? will it fit if i use 6mm offset chainrings?
Forth, how's lateral stiffness on propain frames? It seems like It would be little bit twitchy in my perspective of view..

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005544
Mobile Version of Website