Tyee 2020

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
Those are a lot of changes to an already awesome bike! I would love to switch to the Shimano Drivetrain myself but I can't find a micro spline freehub for those propain hubs. How did you manage to fit the shimano hub on there? Did you buy a new hub and relaced it to the old rim or did you find a freehub body for the hub?

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
crustin wrote:
GEO147 wrote:
@crustin

Let us know how the One Up 210 post fits. I presume you are on an XL at 6ft4?

Skip to minute 9 for the Oneup dropper. Or watch the whole thing to have your mind blown by my genius component switching.

Cheers for that. No issue with dropper insertion lenght at all.

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 4:45 Quote
Today was first ride Smile
Amazing bike. Lyrik is 2021 model, casette and rear derailleur 520%, bikeyoke is the newest updated model.... Propain did good jobWink
And raw color is so goood!!!

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
I forgot to ask. Does anybody know which lube or grease to use for propain hub (S1 wheels) maintenance? I can not find any info in owner manual.

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
maybenotaprofile wrote:
Those are a lot of changes to an already awesome bike! I would love to switch to the Shimano Drivetrain myself but I can't find a micro spline freehub for those propain hubs. How did you manage to fit the shimano hub on there? Did you buy a new hub and relaced it to the old rim or did you find a freehub body for the hub?

I got one of these. My bike came with Stan's wheels and hubs. Those PROPAIN ZTR FLOW S1 wheels are made by Stan's, too, and probably come with the same Durasync hub, but I would email them to check. Or maybe someone here can confirm?

https://www.notubes.com/kit-neo-freehub-durasync-shimano-micro-spline-red

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 3:03 Quote
crustin wrote:
maybenotaprofile wrote:

I got one of these. My bike came with Stan's wheels and hubs. Those PROPAIN ZTR FLOW S1 wheels are made by Stan's, too, and probably come with the same Durasync hub, but I would email them to check. Or maybe someone here can confirm?

The PROPAIN ZTR FLOW S1 that came on my Tyee had an XD driver, they weren't the Durasync. I swapped them out for some Hope Pro 4's and some DT EX 481 rims anyway. Stiffer, more reliable, etc...

Regarding the cable rattle, I finally managed to get out on the bike yesterday (yes it was delivered in September), and i still have some rattle. Not 100% sure where it is coming from, so still need some work.

The grease i use on my bikes, wheels, bearings etc is MOBILGREASE XHP 222. Hope use it on their hubs - so it's good enough for me. Smile

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
crustin wrote:
maybenotaprofile wrote:

Thank you!

I really don't like the loud noise of my Propain hub (Broke my chain some days ago and the downhill without it was an absolute dream). And I would love to swap out my GX drivetrain for some XT, SLX and Deore mixture. But unfortunately a quiet hub/Micro Spline/6-bolt combination seems to be way too expensive for my student's budget. And for what I have seen on the Propain hub, it's not like a relabeled Stan's. So even when I stick with the loud hub it's going to be hard to find a compatible freehub body.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 8:30 Quote
From Propain regarding S1 wheelset hub maintenance:
There is no special maintenance interval for the hub. Depending on the rides and the stress it should be maintained a little bit. A little cleaning and a normal good assembly grease is sufficient.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
Just ordered a mint medium Tyee. Does anyone have the new Cane Creek DB Coil Kitsuma installed? Just wondering if it fits...

Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
Hi Tyee rider's,

I'm about to buy a Tyee CF but I'm really torn about the shock ! Here is my short list : Fox X2, DHX2 or RS Deluxe ultimate Coil.

I read the bike works very well with a coil but I'm interested in the real users opinion. Apparently the X2 is really good too.

I also have a subsidiary question, if I decide to take a coil I'll have to pick one, I'm 71kg ready to ride, wich is at the edge of 2 coils, what would you recommand ? 400 or 450 lb ?

Thanks,
Cheers !

Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
Adriondatrack wrote:
Hi Tyee rider's,

I'm about to buy a Tyee CF but I'm really torn about the shock ! Here is my short list : Fox X2, DHX2 or RS Deluxe ultimate Coil.

I read the bike works very well with a coil but I'm interested in the real users opinion. Apparently the X2 is really good too.

I also have a subsidiary question, if I decide to take a coil I'll have to pick one, I'm 71kg ready to ride, wich is at the edge of 2 coils, what would you recommand ? 400 or 450 lb ?

Thanks,
Cheers !

Definitely rs coil ultimate 450 lb.

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/propain-tyee-cf-2020-review/

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
Just posted an honest and thorough review of my 2020 Tyee. Enjoy and feel free to ask questions or start arguments in the youtube comments!

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 4:10 Quote
This Tyee really checks all the boxes for me, there is just one thing I'm worried about, it's the lenght of chainstays.

I already read it keeps the bike balanced but I also read that long chainstays can make a bike a bit hard to handle in really technical steep trails.

What do you feel about it ?

Thx

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 6:11 Quote
crustin wrote:
Just posted an honest and thorough review of my 2020 Tyee. Enjoy and feel free to ask questions or start arguments in the youtube comments!

Thanks for the review; keep em coming everyone - I'm especially interested in durability reports.

The Tyee CF is high on my list for springtime. I'm currently on a 2017 Patrol C and looking for a fun/maneuverable 29 that can handle some speed if I want it to but I ride a lot of slow tech so it has to handle that. Got a bit of cash to spend but want to keep things kind of sensible so a custom Tyee build looks a good way to go. 491mm reach on the XL is a bit shorter than I was thinking of (I'm 6ft4) but that's already about 10mm longer than my overforked Patrol which I don't feel is "too short", and didn't want to go too far over 500mm anyway. And I'm 100% a coil shock convert for my local rough natural trails so the comments on coils on the Tyee are good to hear.

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
Adriondatrack wrote:
This Tyee really checks all the boxes for me, there is just one thing I'm worried about, it's the lenght of chainstays.

I already read it keeps the bike balanced but I also read that long chainstays can make a bike a bit hard to handle in really technical steep trails.

What do you feel about it ?

Thx

I’m taking delivery on mine today so I can’t speak to the specific bike. That said, I try not to look at one factor in isolation. Things like head tube angles, suspension curves and reach (and 10 other factors) work together to create a feel. I’m excited about the progressive design on tech trails because it will help to keep the bb up and the suspension ready for the next hit. At 5’9”, I went with a medium because the 450 reach (arguably shortish for me) combined with long chain stays should balance nicely. I’ll post up a review when I’ve had some time on the saddle. My local trail is super janky tech...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.007119
Mobile Version of Website