Tyee 2020

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 2:54 Quote
crustin wrote:
I found a great deal on a 210x52.5 Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil. Could I use spacers to get it on my Tyee, which is built for a 210x55 shock? Would I lose travel?
I think you already made your decision, but for additional information: For the 2018 Tyee Propain said you'll end up with 145mm of travel by using a 50mm shock. So 52,5 should give you about 152mm I guess.

Posted: Dec 27, 2020 at 4:06 Quote
I said a while a go to post some pictures how my run my bike and what fits and what doesn't:

180mm Oneup installed. L bike. 90cm inseam 182cm tall
180mm Oneup installed. L bike. 90cm inseam, 182cm tall

Bottom out on AL L 29. 620 Podium fits 710 podium doesn t
Bottom out on AL L 29. 620 Podium fits, 710 podium doesn't

Innertube strip and 4 tie rips to silence chainstay protector. Most forward tierip to keep cable from side knobs.
Innertube strip to soften the hardplastic bridges and 4 tie rips to silence chainstay protector. There was some slack between the protector and the stay. Most forward tierip to keep cable from side knobs.

Chain ring on the front is 2 teeth smaller then stock.

Some other things not yet in the photos: I rotated the X2 can so the valve is on the drive side and is much easier to reach. Also 1 out 2 stock spacer removed, because I like it more linear. Now trying a 40mm stem instead of the stock 50mm.

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 12:36 Quote
Hi guys! Does anybody know the real weight of a tyee 29 Al in size L?.. if someone that own an L size 29 Al that just weighted the bike.. thanks!

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 1:58 Quote
TorqueFRX wrote:
Hi guys! Does anybody know the real weight of a tyee 29 Al in size L?.. if someone that own an L size 29 Al that just weighted the bike.. thanks!

I don't have a accurate scale but the way as shown in photos, probably something like 16 kg. So with Maxxis Exo set-up tubeless, but with spare tube, pump, and a noodle in the rear tire.

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 3:11 Quote
Does anyone know how many tokens are installed in the super deluxe air? (Tyee 27.5 size M).

I hope to be able to remove one or two tokens but have been too lazy to open it up until now.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
Hi everyone and happy new year!
I have order a tyee 2021 , i want to ask 2 things , i want to change super deluxe coil with the fox x2 , has anyone done it without cancel the order?
And second , i am about 1 72 cm tall , i ordered Medium but i rode some days ago a large and was pretty good size , anyone with the same height with me and having a Medium ?

Thank you

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 2:13 Quote
thegoldsword wrote:
I have order a tyee 2021 , i want to ask 2 things , i want to change super deluxe coil with the fox x2 , has anyone done it without cancel the order?
And second , i am about 1 72 cm tall , i ordered Medium but i rode some days ago a large and was pretty good size , anyone with the same height with me and having a Medium ?

Thank you

I think, it's not possible for you to change the shock without a new order... Some could change the travel of the seatpost or the colour of the decals, but whenever there's some change in value Propain is not keen on accepting changes.

I ride the 27,5 in M at around 179cm tall. I like a playful bike and don't really race rough stuff. So I'm pretty happy whith my smaller frame size. It always depends on your riding style, also on your inseam. My legs are on the shorter side at 79cm.
But I think at 172 you won't have the wrong bike with the M frame.

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 7:36 Quote
maybenotaprofile wrote:
thegoldsword wrote:

Thank you

I think, it's not possible for you to change the shock without a new order... Some could change the travel of the seatpost or the colour of the decals, but whenever there's some change in value Propain is not keen on accepting changes.

I ride the 27,5 in M at around 179cm tall. I like a playful bike and don't really race rough stuff. So I'm pretty happy whith my smaller frame size. It always depends on your riding style, also on your inseam. My legs are on the shorter side at 79cm.
But I think at 172 you won't have the wrong bike with the M frame.

I'm the exact same height as you OP and have a medium. It feels like a good fit for my height. Could I have benefitted from a slightly longer frame? Possibly, because I'm used to riding larger frames, but I've not felt uncomfortable on the medium at any time.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 5:54 Quote
Anyone from the UK who is buying, or has bought, a Propain - just saw a couple of comments about buying a Propain on the "How British & European Bike Brands Are Adapting to the Brexit Trade Deal" article.

I've bought a Tyee CF 29" that's got a processing date of the 22nd of Jan. My understanding is that this will now be subject to an additional 34% VAT/import duty when it arrives with me.

I'm planning on emailing and calling Propain to ask what's up, and if possible request that I can pay them a bit more to convert the German VAT already paid to UK VAT, and to pay for them to increase the shipping to DDP - hopefully this would mean an increase of only about 15% (+1% to cover the difference in UK/German VAT, +14% in fees and duty), rather than the 34% for UK VAT (considering we already paid German VAT at 19%), fees and duty.

As there seem to be a few people with the same issue/questions for Propain I wondered if we should contact them as a group, Cc'ing each other in to the emails, and share any information that we get back. I'd be happy to coordinate and Cc anyone in if they want.

I just think we'd be coming from a better position discussing it with Propain if people are organised as a group rather than loads of individual people asking the same questions or for different things.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
If Propain have paid to trade in the UK with HMRC then you won't be charged. You are best to ask Propain mate. Its all subject to change from what I understand / have been told.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
euan91m wrote:
Anyone from the UK who is buying, or has bought, a Propain - just saw a couple of comments about buying a Propain on the "How British & European Bike Brands Are Adapting to the Brexit Trade Deal" article.

I've bought a Tyee CF 29" that's got a processing date of the 22nd of Jan. My understanding is that this will now be subject to an additional 34% VAT/import duty when it arrives with me.

I'm planning on emailing and calling Propain to ask what's up, and if possible request that I can pay them a bit more to convert the German VAT already paid to UK VAT, and to pay for them to increase the shipping to DDP - hopefully this would mean an increase of only about 15% (+1% to cover the difference in UK/German VAT, +14% in fees and duty), rather than the 34% for UK VAT (considering we already paid German VAT at 19%), fees and duty.

As there seem to be a few people with the same issue/questions for Propain I wondered if we should contact them as a group, Cc'ing each other in to the emails, and share any information that we get back. I'd be happy to coordinate and Cc anyone in if they want.

I just think we'd be coming from a better position discussing it with Propain if people are organised as a group rather than loads of individual people asking the same questions or for different things.

Just DM’d you pal.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
stingmered wrote:
euan91m wrote:

Just DM’d you pal.

DM'd you too...tup

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
stingmered wrote:
euan91m wrote:

Just DM’d you pal.

DM'd you too...tup

Soooooo... Just had a chat with a guy from Propain over the phone. He basically said that they are looking into it at the moment and aren’t 100% sure what they are going to do yet, but that they understand the situation is now fairly close to what they need to do when shipping bikes to Switzerland.
In this case VAT is levied upon import of the bike. Propain therefor may choose to go the route they do with Swiss customers, in which case they would/could/should (I’m trying not to put words into their mouths) provide UK customers with a refund on the 20% VAT that we already paid at checkout - which we will then need to re-pay directly to Boris when the bike is delivered.
I think this is a pretty fair way to do things if this is how Propain choose to handle it, but as I say what they told me on the phone is that they are looking into it right now, and that we should hear soon what they intend to do.

Looking at the commodity code an import duty of 6% will also be levied on the value of the bike as it is imported. I assume that this is pre-VAT value. With my bike as an example this will be c.£174.70.

I have also been in touch with DHL, who state that their handling fees will be £0.25 per KG of package weight, at a minimum of £4.50 for packages lighter than that.

Again with me as an example my bike will go from £3494.07 inc. 20% VAT, to (£2911.25 exc. VAT + £582.25 UK VAT + £174.70 UK import duty + £4.50 DHL handling fees (based on an assumed weight of about 17kg?)) £3672.70 - which is an increase of about £178.63.

I'd take all this with a pinch of salt though as I'm by no means qualified to give any assurances, hopefully its just enough that we can have a bit of an idea of what will/may happen when our bikes/frames arrive...

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 5:59 Quote
euan91m wrote:
I'd take all this with a pinch of salt though as I'm by no means qualified to give any assurances, hopefully its just enough that we can have a bit of an idea of what will/may happen when our bikes/frames arrive...

Thanks again for this.

My frame is being built today and will be shipped this week...so I'll be taking the role of Post-Brexit Guinea Pig. Smile

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Hi guys,
Already two guys reported broken RS coil shock.
Hopefully will not happen to anyone else.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018520
Mobile Version of Website