Tyee 2020

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Tomasar wrote:
Hi guys,
Already two guys reported broken RS coil shock.
Hopefully will not happen to anyone else.

Where is this from? First time I read that, but for sure interesting, especially on a new bike

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
From Facebook Propain Bike Owners group.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
Yes I have been following it, and I have also.emailed Propain. I'll update when I hear anything.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 2:21 Quote
"Hello dear customer,

We would like to get in touch with you regarding your ordered bike with the number XXXXXXX.

Due to the unclear Brexit situation, we were not able to adapt your order to the new circumstances in advance.

As the UK is no longer a member of the EU, we will have to refund the taxes you have already paid. These will be due again later when you import the goods, but you will pay them directly to your state.

We cannot say what the exact procedure is and what costs will be incurred. Please ask your local customs authority.

In order to be able to give you a credit note for the taxes already paid, we still need data from you.

- Your Paypal address if you paid by Paypal or credit card,

- IBAN and BIC if you paid by bank transfer.

We thank you very much for your understanding and wish you a lot of fun with the bike!

Mit sportlichen Grüßen

Dein Propain Team"

Just as a follow up to my previous posts - just received the above from Propain.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 3:36 Quote
What is RS's take on this, or this only happening on Tyee's?

Must say the mounting of my X2 was rather dry and showing some wear. Anyone already has tried other kits with bearings?

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 5:54 Quote
The reply from Propain regarding the snapped shaft issue was this:

We are sorry that you have the fear that something could be wrong with your damper.

Due to production deviations of the manufacturer, it may well lead to material deviations here in exceptional cases.

Currently, Sram has not announced any recalls.

If a recall should come, we will inform the affected customers immediately.

Propain are on the part of the production so far no known errors.

You are always welcome to contact us if something should be.

We recommend you to ride your bike first and have fun with it.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Hi guys,
I need an advice. Today I put some grease on headset bearings just as extra water protection (upper bearing looks well protected with rubber seals). I also want to put some grease onto front hub bearings. But I am not quite sure how to remove front hub covers. They don't go out easy and I don't want to break them. Wheels are S1.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hi there,

I'm about to hi the button to place my Tyee 29 CF order.
I've some questions and advises of Tyee owners would be welcome.

With a 4200 euros budget (shipping included) here is my configuration :

Frame Size:M - Medium
Frame Color M: Raw
Decal Kit: Venomblack
Grips: Racing Orange
Saddle Color: Diamondblack
Badge: Venomblack
Build Kit M:Individual
Fork:Fox Float 36 Factory Grip2 Kashima
Shock:Fox Float DPX2
Drive train:SRAM GX Eagle
Handlebar:SIXPACK Millenium 805 (30 mm Rise)
Stem:SIXPACK Vertic 50
Seatpost:Bikeyoke Revive 125mm
Saddle:SIXPACK Kamikaze
Brakes:Formula Cura 4
Wheelset:Stans Flow EX3 Team
Tireset:Schwalbe Magic Mary/Big Betty Set
Tube Kit:Tubes
Chainguard/Bashguard:Without

Questions :
- Frame size : I'm 1m74 tall (76 cm inseam). According to the Propain website I should take a M size. Do you agree ?
- Seatpost : any feedback on the Bike yoke ? I hesitate with a kind shock lev SI.
- Seatpost : I'm will probably go for a 125mm seatpost. As my inseam is 76cm, do you agree ?
- Wheelset : Any feedback on the Stans EX3 ? Does this wheelset really worth it or does the MK3 or even the ZTR flow
S1 would do the job ?
- Bike capability : As I'm not only a bike park rider, does this bike is also a good player for trails riding (mostly 40kms with 1000m D+ rides) ? My main concern is about it ability to climb with such a big front and rear travels.

I've already read a bunch of reviews, tests, ... online but I would like to get inputs from long term owners / users of this bike.

I already thank you for all your replies Smile

Thanks to Propain-USA I was able to order a frame and get it to Canada in a week! I might have got the last large CF in stock and I can't wait to build it up!

Propain Tyee CF

Niconico1 wrote:
Hi there,

Questions :
- Frame size : I'm 1m74 tall (76 cm inseam). According to the Propain website I should take a M size. Do you agree ?
- Seatpost : any feedback on the Bike yoke ? I hesitate with a kind shock lev SI.
- Seatpost : I'm will probably go for a 125mm seatpost. As my inseam is 76cm, do you agree ?
- Wheelset : Any feedback on the Stans EX3 ? Does this wheelset really worth it or does the MK3 or even the ZTR flow
S1 would do the job ?
- Bike capability : As I'm not only a bike park rider, does this bike is also a good player for trails riding (mostly 40kms with 1000m D+ rides) ? My main concern is about it ability to climb with such a big front and rear travels.

I've already read a bunch of reviews, tests, ... online but I would like to get inputs from long term owners / users of this bike.

Not a weird build choice overall. But with that inseam I would opt for a 27,5". You ever rode 29" wheels before? If not try one on your trails to see if your ride style leads to tire buzz on your butt.

It climbs well, I don't need my climb switch. Regarding seatpost: my GF has a S with 150mm Lev fully slammed, with same inseam. So probably right with 125mm on a M, but alternatively get a OneUp and a rigid post from propain (or sell the Lev). The Oneup can be tuned to get maximum drop possible, and has a rather low stack collar.

MtnGoat-WTR wrote:
Thanks to Propain-USA I was able to order a frame and get it to Canada in a week! I might have got the last large CF in stock and I can't wait to build it up!

Propain Tyee CF
Nice. How will you build it?

MtnGoat-WTR wrote:

Propain Tyee CF

Great! Post some pictures of building progress.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Niconico1 wrote:
Hi there,

Questions :
S1 would do the job ?

I’m the same exact height and inseam as you and have 6 rides on my medium CF Tyee 29. I’ve been back/forth on 27.5 and 29 wheels and for my riding I prefer 29 (advanced technical trails, high speed chunk, steep). The sizing is perfect with a 40mm stem. The seat tube is steep so you can have the saddle in the middle. I’m running a 150mm Fox Transfer but it’s as far down as I could go without it screwing up the cable. I may buy a saddle with shorter rails (currently running Specialized) to get that extra half cm. A 125 would be safe but you miss out on a little drop for the steep sections.

As for climbing, I have it paired with a custom valved super deluxe and it’s fantastic. The climb switch helps some but even for my one hour plus climbs I don’t bother. The Tyee is an outstanding climbing bike and can throw down against shorter travel bikes I’ve ridden. The geo is really the nice balance between a trail and enduro bike but more on the trail side than “mini dh bike”. I know people tend to rave about whatever bike they are on but having spent the last 8 years riding Horst-link bikes like the Stumpy, Enduro, Capra, Jeffsy it’s a fun change of pace.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
ryan83 wrote:
Niconico1 wrote:
Hi there,

Questions :
S1 would do the job ?

I’m the same exact height and inseam as you and have 6 rides on my medium CF Tyee 29. I’ve been back/forth on 27.5 and 29 wheels and for my riding I prefer 29 (advanced technical trails, high speed chunk, steep). The sizing is perfect with a 40mm stem. The seat tube is steep so you can have the saddle in the middle. I’m running a 150mm Fox Transfer but it’s as far down as I could go without it screwing up the cable. I may buy a saddle with shorter rails (currently running Specialized) to get that extra half cm. A 125 would be safe but you miss out on a little drop for the steep sections.

As for climbing, I have it paired with a custom valved super deluxe and it’s fantastic. The climb switch helps some but even for my one hour plus climbs I don’t bother. The Tyee is an outstanding climbing bike and can throw down against shorter travel bikes I’ve ridden. The geo is really the nice balance between a trail and enduro bike but more on the trail side than “mini dh bike”. I know people tend to rave about whatever bike they are on but having spent the last 8 years riding Horst-link bikes like the Stumpy, Enduro, Capra, Jeffsy it’s a fun change of pace.

Thanks you for your inputs @ryan83 and @grumposaur.

I've been riding a 29 specialized for years before I went for a Santa Cruz Bronson V2 (27,5 then) for the past 2 years.
Recently I rode a 29 again and it's true that my butt touched the wheel in advanced technical parts. Don't you have that issue with your 29 Ryan83 ?

About the seatpost, I'll follow your advise grumposaur and will order the aluminum one with the bike and will go for a One up comp in 150mm. If I'm not wrong I can decrease the travel down to 130mm.

About the wheelset, do you think the EX3 worth the financial effort or the MK3 or the S1 (I'm just affraid about the hubs on these ones) would be enough ?
I mainly ride 40km with D+ 1000M. I also go to bike parks approx 5 times yearly + 10 days in French alps.

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
Niconico1 wrote:
ryan83 wrote:
Niconico1 wrote:
Hi there,

Questions :
S1 would do the job ?

Thanks you for your inputs @ryan83 and @grumposaur.

I've been riding a 29 specialized for years before I went for a Santa Cruz Bronson V2 (27,5 then) for the past 2 years.
Recently I rode a 29 again and it's true that my butt touched the wheel in advanced technical parts. Don't you have that issue with your 29 Ryan83 ?

About the seatpost, I'll follow your advise grumposaur and will order the aluminum one with the bike and will go for a One up comp in 150mm. If I'm not wrong I can decrease the travel down to 130mm.

About the wheelset, do you think the EX3 worth the financial effort or the MK3 or the S1 (I'm just affraid about the hubs on these ones) would be enough ?
I mainly ride 40km with D+ 1000M. I also go to bike parks approx 5 times yearly + 10 days in French alps.

I can’t imagine riding much steeper terrain than some of our trails and don’t have an issue with rubbing on the back wheel. I think I’ve adapted to it and frankly it’s likely an issue that can be prevented with form. My 2 cents is that people tend to slide too far back & down vs lowering yourself by hinging more at the hips and bending the elbows. Also, consider that many of the top enduro and dh pros are riding 29ers (with some mullets of course).

I can’t comment on the wheels as I’m running a set of We Are Ones with Hope hubs. Ride on!

Posted: 19 hours ago Quote
If you have normal weight al those rims are up for the intended riding. I have the Newmen wheel and my GF the ZTR FLOW MK 3. Both no issues after one season. GF broke a spoke due to root sticking in to the wheel, but that stuff happens.

I ended up going back to Assegai and DHR, with PTN insert: bought it with MM and HD, but I slashed the HD. So in the end I got heavy wheels again

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007351
Mobile Version of Website