Tyee 2020

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 2:45 Quote
thank you very much for your inputs guys, it helped me a lot.

I don't know what I did but I made a new inseam measurement and in the end, my inseam is 81 cm tall.
I went for a Fox transfer 150mm then.

Order has just been placed. Now I just have to be patient Razz

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
[Quote="Tomasar"]
MtnGoat-WTR wrote:
Thanks to Propain-USA I was able to order a frame and get it to Canada in a week! I might have got the last large CF in stock and I can't wait to build it up!

Great! Post some pictures of building progress.

Will do

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
[Quote="Grumposaur"]
Niconico1 wrote:
Hi there,

Nice. How will you build it?

I'm pulling everything off my 2018 Transition Smuggler including a Cane Creek IL coil shock and a Lyrik Ultimate.

XT 4 piston brakes
XO1/GX drive train
One Up bar and dropper
Cromag seat and stem
Race Face Turbine crankset
Nobl carbon wheels with Hope hubs and Michelin Wild Enduro tires

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 23:29 Quote
Niconico1 wrote:

I don't know what I did but I made a new inseam measurement and in the end, my inseam is 81 cm tall.

Congrats!
We should do a Propain fan day @Ferme Libert Big Grin
I'm only 1h drive from Liège

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
Quick update for UK buyers... tup

My frame hit quality control last week and I have been called this week to say it is boxed and ready to be delivered,

BUT...

DHL aren't picking up parcels due to Covid, so they are looking into potential alternative couriers.

Regarding the Brexit tax confusion; Propain are still unsure of what is going on. The guy I spoke to on the phone thinks that as tax has been paid at time of order (September, so pre-brexit) we shouldn't be charged additional tax on arrival in the UK, we'd just have to pay customs duty.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
KoenR wrote:
Niconico1 wrote:

Congrats!

That’s a great idea. From where are you from ?

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
Niconico1 wrote:
KoenR wrote:
Niconico1 wrote:

Congrats!

That’s a great idea. From where are you from ?

Beringen, Limburg

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:

My frame hit quality control last week and I have been called this week to say it is boxed and ready to be delivered,

BUT...

DHL aren't picking up parcels due to Covid, so they are looking into potential alternative couriers.

Regarding the Brexit tax confusion; Propain are still unsure of what is going on. The guy I spoke to on the phone thinks that as tax has been paid at time of order (September, so pre-brexit) we shouldn't be charged additional tax on arrival in the UK, we'd just have to pay customs duty.

Great news.

Out of interest, what was your original build date when you ordered? Mine as w/c 29th Jan and just wondering if they are on track, late etc...

Re: 'brexit tax' (good phrase!) the plot thickens... Propain emailed me (and others) saying that they were refunding the VAT paid and that it was up to us to work out VAT and customs charge upon import to the uk. I did point out that this: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-and-overseas-goods-sold-directly-to-customers-in-the-uk (scroll right to the bottom) states that for all transactions completed before 1st Jan with delivery after, the rules apply at the time of the transaction, i.e. shouldn't cost any more. Wonder if they've changed their mind? We'll see!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
stingmered wrote:
terribleone1982 wrote:

BUT...

Great news.

Out of interest, what was your original build date when you ordered? Mine as w/c 29th Jan and just wondering if they are on track, late etc...

Re: 'brexit tax' (good phrase!) the plot thickens... Propain emailed me (and others) saying that they were refunding the VAT paid and that it was up to us to work out VAT and customs charge upon import to the uk. I did point out that this: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-and-overseas-goods-sold-directly-to-customers-in-the-uk (scroll right to the bottom) states that for all transactions completed before 1st Jan with delivery after, the rules apply at the time of the transaction, i.e. shouldn't cost any more. Wonder if they've changed their mind? We'll see!

Production date was quoted at 15th Jan...it did start production earlier than that (11th) but 10 days later it still hasn't shipped. I'm not in a rush for it so another few weeks wait is no biggie.

Thanks for that link...I think that clears the whole issue up and explains why I've not been asked for details for a refund. tup I don't care who I pay the tax to, as long as I don't end up paying it twice. Big Grin

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
Mine built up and on its first outing on New Years Day. Only frame bought from Propain.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
Anyone with a new Tyee 29 be willing to measure their BB height? Thinking about making a mullet but want to run some numbers first.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:

My production week was also w/c29 Jan, and I've just had a couple of emails confirming that its being built up now.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
Damn I also have the 29th! so exciting to see it coming closer and closer, it can't be far away now

Also just for info, Propain raised all prices over night. good most of us already ordered

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Anyone with a new Tyee 29 be willing to measure their BB height? Thinking about making a mullet but want to run some numbers first.
I haven’t started building my frame up yet but from what I found online the BB height is 348mm for the 29er.

My Tyee will be a mullet for shuttle and park laps. I will also experiment with it as a mullet for XC riding as well.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
MtnGoat-WTR wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
I haven’t started building my frame up yet but from what I found online the BB height is 348mm for the 29er.

My Tyee will be a mullet for shuttle and park laps. I will also experiment with it as a mullet for XC riding as well.

Awesome. Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005455
Mobile Version of Website