Tyee 2020

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
Damn I also have the 29th! so exciting to see it coming closer and closer, it can't be far away now

Also just for info, Propain raised all prices over night. good most of us already ordered

I saw this today! Not surprising really given shipping prices and supply issues.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
MtnGoat-WTR wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
Anyone with a new Tyee 29 be willing to measure their BB height? Thinking about making a mullet but want to run some numbers first.
I haven’t started building my frame up yet but from what I found online the BB height is 348mm for the 29er.

My Tyee will be a mullet for shuttle and park laps. I will also experiment with it as a mullet for XC riding as well.

Awesome. Thanks!

I have a 27.5 plus wheel I can throw on my medium if that would be helpful. It’s a 27.5 x 2.8 so not too different.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
Damn I also have the 29th! so exciting to see it coming closer and closer, it can't be far away now

Also just for info, Propain raised all prices over night. good most of us already ordered
their statement, German: https://www.propain-bikes.com/statement-propain-bicycles/
English: https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/statement-propain-bicycles/?noredirect=en-GB

But most webshops have been pretty empty since the summer on various parts, equipment and clothing.. It is lagging every where.

The real question actually is: when will there be a new Rage! Wonder if they postpone the next big launch if it is already hard to deliver now.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
Atleast we know how the Rage will look, but a new Hugene is also very interesting. And probably an unpopular opinion, but I would also love to see the 4bidden come back.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
MtnGoat-WTR wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
Anyone with a new Tyee 29 be willing to measure their BB height? Thinking about making a mullet but want to run some numbers first.
I haven’t started building my frame up yet but from what I found online the BB height is 348mm for the 29er.

My Tyee will be a mullet for shuttle and park laps. I will also experiment with it as a mullet for XC riding as well.

Get some short cranks then, because on the stock 29 and 175mm cranks it is already prone to rock strikes. I got pretty slim RF atlas pedal, thus those ain't the cause.

I doubt it would work in a favorable way. Maybe consider a mullet Spindrift?

Also the triangle is narrow so I doubt if a rear plus tire will fit. In flexing during riding it will leave rubmarks for sure.

derechtefux wrote:
Atleast we know how the Rage will look, but a new Hugene is also very interesting. And probably an unpopular opinion, but I would also love to see the 4bidden come back.
Why unpolular? Every one should have a DJ/pumptrack or 4x bike. I just dont have a Propain for that..

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Not sure, it was impossible to find a 4bidden frame when I was looking for it... but now that I think about it, it's probably because everyone loves it and doesn't want to get rid of it Big Grin
I would love to built a raw 4bidden 4X bike matching to my raw Tyee!

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 5:11 Quote
Tomasar wrote:
Hi guys,
I need an advice. Today I put some grease on headset bearings just as extra water protection (upper bearing looks well protected with rubber seals). I also want to put some grease onto front hub bearings. But I am not quite sure how to remove front hub covers. They don't go out easy and I don't want to break them. Wheels are S1.

Here is something interesting regarding rear hub:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/propainbikes/permalink/3774757732644427/?anchor_composer=false

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
Not sure, it was impossible to find a 4bidden frame when I was looking for it... but now that I think about it, it's probably because everyone loves it and doesn't want to get rid of it Big Grin
I would love to built a raw 4bidden 4X bike matching to my raw Tyee!

Like this one https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18597833/ ? Haha
(Yes, it's not raw but it was one of the last frames available in march, and i'll probably remove the paint one day)

derechtefux wrote:
Atleast we know how the Rage will look, but a new Hugene is also very interesting.

Even if Propain is a "gravity oriented" brand, I think it would be better to release a new Hugene. The geometry is outdated since years. (And it looks like he's out of stock since some time... coincidence ?)

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 18:08 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Get some short cranks then, because on the stock 29 and 175mm cranks it is already prone to rock strikes. I got pretty slim RF atlas pedal, thus those ain't the cause.

Also the triangle is narrow so I doubt if a rear plus tire will fit. In flexing during riding it will leave rubmarks for sure.
Hi,

Can you give us the measurement of the BB height on the Tyee please?

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 1:01 Quote
MtnGoat-WTR wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

Hi,

Can you give us the measurement of the BB height on the Tyee please?

All the info to calculate a mullet is in the geo chart: https://www.propain-bikes.com/us/bikes/enduro/tyee-al/?noredirect=en-US

BB-height is 29" wheel radius minus BB drop. If you mullet it, it drops by approximately another 2/3 of the change in wheel radius, so approx 2/3 x 19mm.
(2/3 because the chainstay is more or less 1/3 of the wheelbase and the BB is 2/3 wheelbase from the front axle, over which the geo tilts back when you insert a 27,5)

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
All the info to calculate a mullet is in the geo chart: https://www.propain-bikes.com/us/bikes/enduro/tyee-al/?noredirect=en-US

BB-height is 29" wheel radius minus BB drop. If you mullet it, it drops by approximately another 2/3 of the change in wheel radius, so approx 2/3 x 19mm.
(2/3 because the chainstay is more or less 1/3 of the wheelbase and the BB is 2/3 wheelbase from the front axle, over which the geo tilts back when you insert a 27,5)

I'll have to check my wheel radius. I was successfully running my 2018 Transition Smuggler as a mullet for shuttle and park laps with a 2.4" tire on the 27.5 wheel and 170mm cranks. The BB height of the Smuggler is listed at 340mm so if the Tyee BB height is 348mm it shouldn't be a problem.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
Could someone check for me (or a photo would be ideal) the spring size that comes with the RS deluxe coil shock? Looking at buying a light weight spring and just want to check.

Cheers!

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 17:17 Quote
Mine is the Rock Shox Spring Nr. 70. All those numbers are: 70(400) x 47,5 - 55mm. Smile Just make sure the spring is compatible with 55mm of shock travel...

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 23:45 Quote
So my wheels with 2.4" Michelin Wild Enduro tires the BB height will be 351mm.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
Hey guys,

I have a question about stem length. I am currently running a 35mm stock stem on my Tyee. However with the UK being in wet, boggy winter. I seem to be struggling to get enough weight on the front.

I was hoping you might be able to give me some insight to fork offset vs stem length? The Lyriks i have on my Tyee have a 42mm offset. I wondered if I'd be better with a 40-50mm stem.

Any recommendations?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013921
Mobile Version of Website