Tyee 2020

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
Niconico1 wrote:
f*ck f*ck f*ck.

Shipping date was planed between the 19th and 23rd of April when I placed the order.
I’ve just received that email that really pisses me off !!!

« Hello Nicolas,

Your bike with the order number 147380 has been released by us for production.

We plan the production of your bike during the week: (18.06.2021) This date is not binding.

The construction of your dream bike will take 3-4 working days depending on the model.
As soon as we get started, you will receive email updates on the production progress to be up to date.

As soon as your bike is assembled and the quality control is done, it will be shipped. Please also note that it can take up to a week and a half to ship your bike.

If you have ordered your bike for pick-up, note our pick-up times. These are Tuesday to Friday afternoon! As soon as your bike is ready you will receive an email asking you to arrange a pick-up date.

If you have paid in advance or Paypal, this email will automatically confirm receipt of your payment.

Propain team »

Yes; a friend of mine received exactly the same mail for a Tyee Carbon.

Apparently they have f*cked up on the delay for this frame. And now if you go on the Tyee configurator you can see shiping date up to end of June

I’ve also purchased a Tyee.
Let’s hope there won’t be more delay ...

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
I’m looking at getting the new Tyee 29er but don’t know whether to get a coil or air shock. I’ve run air my whole life but debating on if I should try a coil. The only thing that is putting me of is not knowing how it will feel and not knowing what spring rate to get. Anyone got a coil on there Tyee and was the weight range that they suggest on the website accurate?

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 0:35 Quote
SamParsons wrote:
I’m looking at getting the new Tyee 29er but don’t know whether to get a coil or air shock. I’ve run air my whole life but debating on if I should try a coil. The only thing that is putting me of is not knowing how it will feel and not knowing what spring rate to get. Anyone got a coil on there Tyee and was the weight range that they suggest on the website accurate?
Coil is the recommended shock for the tyee because the bike is pretty progressive. From what I read most people choose one spring rate higher than recommended in the configurator

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 3:45 Quote
So, I've seen an email now which says that Propain have received advice that the pre-2020 buying VAT/duty loophole is not valid for purchases over £135. This means for UK Propain bike buyers that VAT and Import Duty are going to be applicable at the time of the import, and this is not effected by buying/paying for the bike in 2020. I've asked around a bit about this since and basically it looks like the govt stuck that text on their site (saying that if you bought in 2020 you wouldn’t be affected by the 2021 UK-EU trade deal) but didn't actually follow it up in law - so it's effectively 'hopefully this is how it will work'.

I also called Propain to confirm this understanding and they basically did - it's not really something they can do anything about, ether they let us pay the VAT/duty ourselves on import via DHL or whoever (what they do when selling into Switzerland), or they roll the cost into the price of the bikes (as Canyon look like they will be doing) in which case they'd have to ether ask us to pay them more or take it on the cost on the chin and pay it themselves - which isn't really reasonable...

On another note, Propain did say that the bikes will start shipping to the UK end of this week, or the beginning of next, and that we'll get an email from the carrier at that point.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
Any UK buyers have any updates on shipping??

My Tyee frame was ready mid-jan...the last I heard was around 12 days ago when I had to fill in a customs form, but haven't heard anything since. Good news is that a frame counts as 'bike parts' so only attracts a 4% customs duty!

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing that if they're shipping by air, they're getting a bunch of bikes together to send in one go.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
They called me last week. More Brexit bullshit (Brexit fault, not Propain.) because the bikes are built to order and the invoice shows all components individually but with Zero cost, this apparently was going to cause a massive delay at customs. At the last minute they’ve had to redo all invoices for the British bikes which was taking from Wed to Friday last week (that are about 50 I think he said.) then the Handling people (Chiltern?) were picking them all up up Mon/Tues this week for delivery to the Uk. At some point soon we should each individually receive a call to sort out VAT and import fees payment and then onward delivery to your home address.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
Oh yeah, they’re not going by air, they’re going by special land freight organised from the UK. The customs thing so so complicated they are having to outsource it to an expert company to handle it.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
stingmered wrote:
They called me last week. More Brexit bullshit (Brexit fault, not Propain.) because the bikes are built to order and the invoice shows all components individually but with Zero cost, this apparently was going to cause a massive delay at customs. At the last minute they’ve had to redo all invoices for the British bikes which was taking from Wed to Friday last week (that are about 50 I think he said.) then the Handling people (Chiltern?) were picking them all up up Mon/Tues this week for delivery to the Uk. At some point soon we should each individually receive a call to sort out VAT and import fees payment and then onward delivery to your home address.

I spoke to them this morning and this is exactly what they told me also. They were also saying that the trucks that are meant to take the bikes are stuck trying to leave the UK exporting someone else's goods because they (other company, not Propain or Chiltern) also filled in the export forms wrong, so it seems to be a pretty much universal cluster**k no matter what you do at the border.

They said it should be 2-3 weeks for the bikes to ship once they have left Germany.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
We should set up a Propain/Brexit survivors network once the new whips arrive. A support group of like minded individuals, mentally scarred from the trauma that a self-inflicted exit from Europe has caused.

Or take the steed outs for a few hot-laps of the local woods and forgot about it all...

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
stingmered wrote:
We should set up a Propain/Brexit survivors network once the new whips arrive. A support group of like minded individuals, mentally scarred from the trauma that a self-inflicted exit from Europe has caused.

Or take the steed outs for a few hot-laps of the local woods and forgot about it all...

That really is the stage this is getting to! Could have a whole forum named Tyee PTSD....

On the bright side, received this yesterday:

"Hello dear UK based customer,

We’re finally able to share some good news with you!

Today your bike/frame got picked up and is now on it’s way to a warehouse closer to the UK border.

From there it will get transported to a warehouse based in the UK and then Chiltern Airfreight will take care of everything.

Please be patient until they contact you, so they can arrange everything concerning customs and VAT payments.

We’re stoked that the first “post Brexit” delivery finally is on its way to you!

Again we want to thank you for your loyalty, patience and your understanding!

If you should have any more questions, feel free to contact us.
"

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 3:34 Quote
lews-therin wrote:
stingmered wrote:

That really is the stage this is getting to! Could have a whole forum named Tyee PTSD....

Today your bike/frame got picked up and is now on it’s way to a warehouse closer to the UK border.

From there it will get transported to a warehouse based in the UK and then Chiltern Airfreight will take care of everything.

Please be patient until they contact you, so they can arrange everything concerning customs and VAT payments.

We’re stoked that the first “post Brexit” delivery finally is on its way to you!

"

Exciting time @lews-therin!, and the mud is drying out - you wouldn't have wanted it any sooner. Smile

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
lews-therin wrote:
stingmered wrote:

"

Same here! A tiny part of me has been glad that my new bike has missed a lot of the slop, but also pissed because we had at least a month of frozen, rock hard trails which were so much fun on the Capra... some of the moorland stuff was running faster than summer! Who am I kidding... I can’t wait for the new steed.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 23:19 Quote
stingmered wrote:
lews-therin wrote:
stingmered wrote:

"

Same here! A tiny part of me has been glad that my new bike has missed a lot of the slop, but also pissed because we had at least a month of frozen, rock hard trails which were so much fun on the Capra... some of the moorland stuff was running faster than summer! Who am I kidding... I can’t wait for the new steed.

I'm kinda glad my frame has taken so long...I've been off the bike with back strain and sticking to physio's exercises and walking only. A fresh new frame turning up will be too tempting to resist, so when it turns up in a few weeks I should be good to get back out playing! tup

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
Anyone had a Propain delivered yet? Mine is on the second delivery, would be good to know how long it takes!

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Anyone had a Propain delivered yet? Mine is on the second delivery, would be good to know how long it takes!

Not yet, not had any notification of the second shipping, tracking number or anything ether. Did you just get an email letting you know?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007471
Mobile Version of Website