Tyee 2020

| Next Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
sf82 wrote:
Considering a Tyee CF XL with a EXT Storia shock.
Propain couldn't confirm that it would fit, but I have a problem visualizing that it's any bigger than the FOX and RS coils.

Anybody in the know?
I was looking at that shock too, let us know if it fits.

In the past I missed testing days in Italy, hopefully they will do something again this year.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Tomasar wrote:
194cm and riding tyee XL. Great fit. Size L would be small.

I am 184cm and I also have an XL 29 CF with 42.5mm stem, 180mm dropper - fits like a glove!

On what terrain, speed and style do you feel most at home on the bike? Sounds to me like it'd be a barge for your size but preferences differ radically ofcourse. At 189cm like me, the reviewer from 'The Loam Wolf' seems to think the XL is too long.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
Any one which rearhubs are used for the "propain bikes" labeled hubs that came with Flow rims?

Anyone already took one apart to service the bearings?

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 7:39 Quote
Do you know this thread? https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/propain-naben.884795/post-16470375

I don't think there will be a better description on servicing the Propain hubs. But I can only guess the Propain hubs are the same for MY 2019 and 2020...

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Any one which rearhubs are used for the "propain bikes" labeled hubs that came with Flow rims?

Anyone already took one apart to service the bearings?

I answer myself: http://www.power-way.com.tw/PFH-M82A.htm

Powerway M82A seems to be the one. The non-drive side has a twist cap: which was slightly loose and causing play. But after removing that one I still wasn't sure if the drive side was a screw on or I should be able to tap it out....a slight tap didn't do anything.
So re-assembled for now.

update: a german rebuild guide with pictures: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/propain-naben.884795/page-2#post-16470375

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
maybenotaprofile wrote:
Do you know this thread? https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/propain-naben.884795/post-16470375

I don't think there will be a better description on servicing the Propain hubs. But I can only guess the Propain hubs are the same for MY 2019 and 2020...

haha yes just found it too. pretty clear description!

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
Fleijah wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:
190 riding mullet 27.5 tyyee Large. Fits perfectly.

What type of trails do you usually ride? And can you estemate where your center of gravity is on the bike in a neutral standing riding position?
Also: did you overfork in order to raise the BB for the mullet setup?
i ride very agressive dh, steep and narrow trails with lots of tech, but also very fast sections. I
Also climb a lot. The mullet setup allowes me to push the front harder, which i like. I put a 160mm 29 fork on a 27 frame.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Fleijah wrote:
wilkomtb wrote:
Tomasar wrote:
194cm and riding tyee XL. Great fit. Size L would be small.

I am 184cm and I also have an XL 29 CF with 42.5mm stem, 180mm dropper - fits like a glove!

On what terrain, speed and style do you feel most at home on the bike? Sounds to me like it'd be a barge for your size but preferences differ radically ofcourse. At 189cm like me, the reviewer from 'The Loam Wolf' seems to think the XL is too long.

I'm 175cm riding a 27.5 large Tyee. Also find it fits me perfectly, coming from a medium Spindrift. I ride steep, tech mainly off-piste downhill...lots of climbing to get back up. I find the extra reach makes me feel a bit more centered on the bike and smaller wheels and short rear still keeps it playful and the wheelbase is similar to my previous bike...I like to hop, pop and play about with lines as much as I do going fast.

I think that Propain's sizes aren't spread out enough to be too concerned about sizing up or down a bit. I've seen 160cm riders saying a small is perfect, Remy at 170cm on a medium and then there are people (like the Loam Wolf reviewer, who also rides BMX and seems to prefer a shorter bike) at 190cm saying that an XL is too big. I think they'd have been better with 25 or even 30mm reach difference between sizes.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Yesterday i had a first proper ride on the mullyfied tyee. The bike felt insane. Ultra fast, very stable and very very agressive. I started with the usual tech climb and didnt have any issues with the slackened angles and with the « higher bb ». Geo talk. I put a 51 mm offset 160 mm 29 fork on the large 27 tyee with a 29 inch wheel with 2.4. Result is my wheelbase measures 1268, head angle is around 63-63.5 and seat angle is 75.5 respectively. Havent measured the bb height though, but this upgrade put my bike exactly where i wanted it. Never was a fan of 29 inch wheel on the back, so i didnt get the full 29, but i also always found the 27.5 front end a bit low. Maybe i like very slack bikes with high stacks. Next bike will be a mullet spindrift with a dual crown usd fork!

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005137
Mobile Version of Website