Tyee 2020

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Hello,

I have just received my Propain TYEE and when opening I noticed that the frame was damaged.

Did you have the same problem on your frame?

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
Drikz wrote:
Hello,

I have just received my Propain TYEE and when opening I noticed that the frame was damaged.

Did you have the same problem on your frame?

photo

photo
No, mine was flawless. Give them a call!

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
Possibly a stupid question, but does anyone have a link or a specification for the two types of frame bearings used on the Tyee CF 2020? Looking both to replace a rough one and to get some spares. Thinking these would be the ticket:

https://www.wychbearings.co.uk/6902-llu-max-e_enduro_bearing.html

https://www.wychbearings.co.uk/61902-2rs_budget.html

Anyone bought any yet?

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
lews-therin wrote:
Possibly a stupid question, but does anyone have a link or a specification for the two types of frame bearings used on the Tyee CF 2020? Looking both to replace a rough one and to get some spares. Thinking these would be the ticket:

https://www.wychbearings.co.uk/61902-2rs_budget.html

Anyone bought any yet?

These are what i have ordered ready for when I need to do mine:

https://www.wychbearings.co.uk/6902-LLU-MAX-BO-Enduro.html

Smile

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 2:11 Quote

Nice stealth look! How did you do the fork knobs ? I am bothered by mines being a mix of red blue and orange but I'm afraid it's not so easy to polish.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 3:42 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:

Nice stealth look! How did you do the fork knobs ? I am bothered by mines being a mix of red blue and orange but I'm afraid it's not so easy to polish.

it is very easy to clean up anodized aluminium parts with sodium hydroxide (I think that's the english name, german it is natriumhydroxid) or in other words with pipe cleaner. just bath them for 1-2 minutes and brush off the anodized layer.

I did this to black ergon ge1 grips and my mallet e pedals, like you can see it works flawless:
Ergon GE1 Factory RAW
Ergon GE1 Factory RAW

before vs after
before vs after

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 4:39 Quote
Does anyone know if the pivot bearings are in the Pro10 rocker or in the seatstay (aka frame)?

I have a little movement in mine, and the exploded diagram doesn't really give you too many clues. Smile

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Does anyone know if the pivot bearings are in the Pro10 rocker or in the seatstay (aka frame)?

I have a little movement in mine, and the exploded diagram doesn't really give you too many clues. Smile

There are two bearings on the chainstay and the other are on the two links (two on the lower one, four on the upper one)

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 6:13 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:

All of the pivot bearings are in the links other than the ones at the chain stay.

I had a movement issue with mine at the weekend just there, and when I checked the bearing at the connection between the right seat stay and the link was totally gubbed. Had a look inside and there was no dirt, just the semi shattered remains of the balls. Looking at how it all connects together, if the bearings in the link are installed even slightly out of plane they will be loaded unevenly and will just eat themselves before dirt ever has a change to get to them. I'd recommend that checking them regularly is definitely worthwhile as if the bearing seizes it will start to move the angled spacer that sits in the seat-stay, which will then start grinding away at the carbon as it rotates - which won't be covered under warranty or insurance as its a maintenance issue...

That also means that when installing the bearings just drifting them in with a mallet is pretty likely to leave them very slightly non-planer, and will lead to the same issue. I suspect that this is the initial cause and that when mine was installed by Propain this one was just installed a bit squint. To get around this for the future I'm going to make a set of presses specifically for the Tyee that ensures that they're going in straight, but thought I'd warn people here too!

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
Cheers both!

I've just taken it apart. I had two seized bearings in the Pro10LInk and one that was causing me the movement. All the others were smooth still. Must have been that trip to BPW last week, lol

As you said the chainstay bearings are in the frame, all the others are in the pivots - which makes life easier. When i said chainstay I meant seatstay - dumb ass!! Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
However I just managed to snap an end cap.... f*ck!! Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder

Does anyone have any spares they could post to me?

It is listed as a 000605-AB 15mm clamp axle cap.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 3:02 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
However I just managed to snap an end cap.... f*ck!! Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder

I don't unfortunately, but it sounds like it would be a good thing to have as a spare! I'll have a look at the ones on my bike and see if its possible to make one on the lathe, if Propain are taking ages you could also send the other one to a machine shop and have them make some for you, I'm sure people on the forum would be happy to buy some if a bulk order looked like the way to go.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
lews-therin wrote:
wilkomtb wrote:

I don't unfortunately, but it sounds like it would be a good thing to have as a spare! I'll have a look at the ones on my bike and see if its possible to make one on the lathe, if Propain are taking ages you could also send the other one to a machine shop and have them make some for you, I'm sure people on the forum would be happy to buy some if a bulk order looked like the way to go.

Awesome! Thanks, its the lower one on the Pro10 linkage - number 13 on the exploded diagram.. I have finally got through to them and they say they will try and get them posted before the weekend. But it might take over a week. I have asked them for a full set, as you say having bits like that around the garage isn't a bad idea.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Tyee_CF_2020_ExplodedView_V5.pdf

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014778
Mobile Version of Website