Tyee 2020

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 2:23 Quote
Hello guys, any of you tried to mullet your 29 Tyee? if so, do you have any experience to share?

Thanks Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 12:39 Quote
How are you guys liking the Tyee for climbing up steep techy singletrack. I live in the CO front range and have a Ripmo AF right now, which is mostly really great. I tried out the Hugene a few months ago and loved it, so wondering if I could just stick with one bike and go with the Tyee.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
koan91 wrote:
Hello guys, any of you tried to mullet your 29 Tyee? if so, do you have any experience to share?

Thanks Smile

Remy set his up as a mullet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD3b_73YvlI

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 2:01 Quote
Lawpants wrote:
How are you guys liking the Tyee for climbing up steep techy singletrack. I live in the CO front range and have a Ripmo AF right now, which is mostly really great. I tried out the Hugene a few months ago and loved it, so wondering if I could just stick with one bike and go with the Tyee.

Thanks!
I adore it for that, not the fastest but the grip is great. Extreme upgrade from my old -18 Spez Enduro 29:er.

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Lawpants wrote:

Thanks!

I'm riding the Ripmo AF and also looking into getting a CF Tyee frame and swap everything over from my AF.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
Lawpants wrote:

Thanks!
I have the same bike (Ripmo AF) and also live on the front range. I have the same question.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
Anyone knows where I can find a bolt like this? Mine is broken unfortunately, and Propain seems to take an eternity to answer the emails. It's the M10 x 15mm bolt.

broken bolt Propain

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 4:41 Quote
pufalot wrote:
Anyone knows where I can find a bolt like this? Mine is broken unfortunately, and Propain seems to take an eternity to answer the emails. It's the M10 x 15mm bolt.

broken bolt Propain
Is this the hanger bolt? I lost mine last weekend and ordered new ones on monday, but my order is still sitting as ”processing” and it’s impossible to reach them on the phone. So I’m also interested in finding a replacement.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 5:25 Quote
It's the 15mm axle bolt from the linkage. It's been two weeks and a lot of emails since I ordered a replacement and it finally arrived today, but at a wrong address (in another townSmile ).

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
Hi !
I've been riding my tyee for 2 months and absolutely love it!
I live in the Alps and ride steep enduro trails with lots of roots, rocks and jumps.

Anyone also struggled to find the right coil spring rate ? I have a super deluxe coil and started with one rate up from propain recommendation (550 for 84kg naked). It was way too soft, I now have settled on 650, it's a bit on the soft side but since the custom tune with higher compression damping it's much better !

The super deluxe stock is average, with little damping support, regressive rebound (I was pushed forward on big jumps) and stiff pedaling plateform (even wide open) that makes it harsh on roots and rocks. But after a custom valving for rebound and compression, oh my god it's so good! The rear is glued to the ground, it's like I have way more travel than before, it eats everything. But I can still jump over small roots and big jumps like Châtel.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
Any idea on the max seat tube insertion on a medium alloy 27.5?

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
specs are given on the website for every size.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
specs are given on the website for every size.

It was right in front of me, thanks!

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
I've looked briefly and couldn't find, but has anyone tried to get more travel out of the tyee rear? Wondered about getting a longer shock for the rear.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
Lawpants wrote:

Thanks!

I'm also all ears if people have experience. I live outside of Las Vegas, so I ride mostly loose, rocky, singletrack with steep sections/shoots and am considering the Tyee for that (oddly like many in the thread I wanted a Ripmo AF for a while for the same stuff but never pulled the trigger).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016290
Mobile Version of Website