Tyee 2020

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 23:06 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
zhAs wrote:
Hi mates,

Can someone please share a picture to show in detail how cable routing is supposed to be done?

I'm specially interested in seatpost cable. Cause the plastic piece under the frame, seems to only allow 2 cables (shifter, brake) and I don't knownif there's enough room to fit the seatpost cable.

Sorry if seems a silly question, but i've been searching around and can't find any good detail about this.

Thanks in advance.
Not mine, but it shows the gist: I would use ductape instead of tie-rips on the plastic thing. You want a break-away item if it snags,not a tierip ripping on your hose.

Also the overall slack in brakehose and shifter cable seems on the tight side. Makes sure there is enough slack for a bottom out.

Keep the dropper cable-hose tight. Else it will rub on the chainstay brace. And a extra tierip aroung the weld on the chainstay to avoid rubbing knobs on the hoses
photo
photo

Test your slack in cables like this:
Bottom out on AL L 29. 620 Podium fits 710 podium doesn t

Just what I need. Thanks mate!!

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
Any of you buy extra derailleurs hangers (From Propain) just in-case the unfortunate happens?

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
I have someone that wants to swap frames with me. I have a L and he has a XL frame. Both of our bikes aren't built yet, still in the box. Would the 20mm reach difference be that big of a difference? He's around 5'10" & I'm 6'.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 16:09 Quote
So I ordered an XL aluminum Tyee today. Frames are still 25%!off. I’ve read all the horror stories on here about the cable routing and the loud chainstay protection. Is the ride of the bike worth it with those issues? I’m looking forward to building it up. I should have checked this thread first.

Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 2:04 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
So I ordered an XL aluminum Tyee today. Frames are still 25%!off. I’ve read all the horror stories on here about the cable routing and the loud chainstay protection. Is the ride of the bike worth it with those issues? I’m looking forward to building it up. I should have checked this thread first.

Those are 2 managable issues, as you can see in the messages just above with some zip-ties or "softer" protections. Wink
I've tested the carbon version, had the Spindrift, the Rage, saw in person a lof of guys with the AL Tyee, etc... those are great bikes !

Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 5:40 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
Two seasons done on my Tyee CF, zero issues with either ”problem”. I could be lucky, or I might be less bothered. But my bike is quite silent and the cables look a bit akward under there, but has been out of the way from everything so far.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 5:57 Quote
Utter wrote:
schwaaa31 wrote:
Two seasons done on my Tyee CF, zero issues with either ”problem”. I could be lucky, or I might be less bothered. But my bike is quite silent and the cables look a bit akward under there, but has been out of the way from everything so far.

Same here!

Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 7:08 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
I'v been riding it since 2020, no issues at all. Had two extra zipties since the start.
I silenced it with some slapper tape and STFU, but that is also because I like quiet bikes. I have also the silent Newmen Fade hubs. I also use STFU on my Gambler.

The thing is: if done right it is fine. But if you build up with way to much slack or wrong pigtailed/twisted hoses around your bb, they can rub on tires or catch stuff.
If you make them to tight, you will have a problem at bottom out.

But imho one should always, on any frame, check the cables and hoses for the whole suspension travel during build-up.

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 8:19 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:

I ordered some .25" sound deadening neoprene w/ adhesive backing off Amazon. I then cut those down to match the rectangles on the raised sections of the chain protector. I looks stock, it's silent and holds up to washing.

I also have cables sleeves on the interior of the frame. The bike is as silent as any bike I've ever heard.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 12:57 Quote
jhess8 wrote:
schwaaa31 wrote:

I ordered some .25" sound deadening neoprene w/ adhesive backing off Amazon. I then cut those down to match the rectangles on the raised sections of the chain protector. I looks stock, it's silent and holds up to washing.

I also have cables sleeves on the interior of the frame. The bike is as silent as any bike I've ever heard.

Thanks for the info!

Posted: Jan 8, 2023 at 0:49 Quote
Any infors when 2023 line up will be up? Would rly love to know if they will make mullet option Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2023 at 0:32 Quote
Hi!

I had a hard time deciding between the spindrift and the tyee. Was leaning towards the spindrift but couldn’t pass up the tyee sale..

Im coming from road and tri and I got an XC/DC mtb when getting into mtb. I absolutely love the epic evo, especially with a 130mm fox34 up front, it can take a lot more terrain than a classic xc bike while still pedaling excellently (i like to have fun on the ups to, and Stockholm is definitely more undulating than hilly). However after a recent trip to Åre bike park and renting a Slash ( and also taking my epic down a few blues and reds) I've been entertaining the thought of a park sled just for bike park/gravity riding. It'd still be nice to be able to go for a pedal with it in case that's the bike I bring for a week away, but for pedally stuff at home id always choose the epic.. So which one would you recommend? At first I thought Tyee should be plenty, but it does have some cable routing issues which I believe the Spindrift doesn't.. And the Spindrift is said to be quite poppy for the size whilst dedicating it for gravity riding, why not just have a bit more travel?

Am I making the right choice with the tyee and saving the 400 eur, or should’ve gone for the spindrift ? Will both bikes be plenty and the significantly cheaper tyee will reign supreme ?

If I stay with the order.. I ordered a tyee frame set on the sale with a formula mod shock and a 450lbs spring rate as per Propains recommendations. I’m 75kg or 165-170lb naked in the morning, so probably about 80-82kg in gear (?). I’ve read a bit about them recommending soft springs. Should I absolutely call them up and ask for a firmer spring ?

Thanks in advance !

Posted: Jan 9, 2023 at 12:49 Quote
Lilk wrote:
Hi!

I had a hard time deciding between the spindrift and the tyee. Was leaning towards the spindrift but couldn’t pass up the tyee sale..

Im coming from road and tri and I got an XC/DC mtb when getting into mtb. I absolutely love the epic evo, especially with a 130mm fox34 up front, it can take a lot more terrain than a classic xc bike while still pedaling excellently (i like to have fun on the ups to, and Stockholm is definitely more undulating than hilly). However after a recent trip to Åre bike park and renting a Slash ( and also taking my epic down a few blues and reds) I've been entertaining the thought of a park sled just for bike park/gravity riding. It'd still be nice to be able to go for a pedal with it in case that's the bike I bring for a week away, but for pedally stuff at home id always choose the epic.. So which one would you recommend? At first I thought Tyee should be plenty, but it does have some cable routing issues which I believe the Spindrift doesn't.. And the Spindrift is said to be quite poppy for the size whilst dedicating it for gravity riding, why not just have a bit more travel?

Am I making the right choice with the tyee and saving the 400 eur, or should’ve gone for the spindrift ? Will both bikes be plenty and the significantly cheaper tyee will reign supreme ?

If I stay with the order.. I ordered a tyee frame set on the sale with a formula mod shock and a 450lbs spring rate as per Propains recommendations. I’m 75kg or 165-170lb naked in the morning, so probably about 80-82kg in gear (?). I’ve read a bit about them recommending soft springs. Should I absolutely call them up and ask for a firmer spring ?

Thanks in advance !
I’m in Sthlm and use my Tyee as my only bike. Works like a charm and I would say that it’s enough for everything in Åre and Järvsö.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2023 at 0:07 Quote
Nice to hear! Do you have any input on the spring rate question?

So what you’re also saying is that the Tyee is not too big/cumbersome even for our undulating home trails? Which areas do you mostly go to? (:
(Maybe I’ll end up not needing the epic.. haha .. If I’m not starting a few races this year)

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2023 at 0:40 Quote
Lilk wrote:
Nice to hear! Do you have any input on the spring rate question?

So what you’re also saying is that the Tyee is not too big/cumbersome even for our undulating home trails? Which areas do you mostly go to? (:
(Maybe I’ll end up not needing the epic.. haha .. If I’m not starting a few races this year)

Definetely not too big or cumbersoe for anything. And buy a Sprindex if you are unsure of your spring weight. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013147
Mobile Version of Website