E-bikes - When’s the right time to buy?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
E-bikes - When’s the right time to buy?
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Goddamn dude cant even ask a question without a.bunch of anti ebike shitbags weighing in.

We f*cking get it you dont like them
He cannot ask e-bike question to be exact. Just go to some moto forum or something..., Big Grin

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
Yes and a baby is the same as a grown man.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
Maverick-dm wrote:
I'm certainly not against ebikes and they definitely fill a gap in the market. If I'm honest, I'm wary of buying one as I feel it will be all too easy to say " I'm tired, I'll take the bike instead" " My legs are sore, I'll take the ebike" etc.
There will be a time when it's just more beneficial to jump on one, im sure. But for now, I'm a bit of a purist and enjoy the satisfaction of fuelling my ride soley by my own tenacity.

That is very much a downside in my book. If I bought one I would keep my current bike with the intention of using that for everyday riding, then using the ebike for the occasional ‘big’ ride. However the temptation would always be there just to use the ebike all the time.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
just to clarify I’m fully aware you can buy a moto for the price of an e-bike and if I wanted one I’d ask on another forum.
Motos are heavy, difficult to transport, a pain to store and the places you can ride one legally are limited.

The question is do I invest in a new enduro bike knowing i ride less and less each year due to other commitments, or buy an e-bike that will ensure I can still enjoy full day epics without the need to cover hundreds of ‘training’ miles.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
I am early 40s and have just ordered a decoy. I have good fitness and plenty of time. I have ordered one because I have friends who come from motocross backgrounds and love them.

You could wait but in two years time there will be another technology just around the corner tempting you. I am hoping they are good enough and reliable now so fingers crossed.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 18:18 Quote
They are at a very good standard now. Yeah they do weigh a bit and you can definitely notice it, but that extra weight also offers advantages - you can blast through rock gardens and chunder like you wouldnt believe.

I'm sure you could wait 2 years and the bikes will be better again, but the same will be true then i.e. wait a further 2 years as they will be better. Jump in now and enjoy!

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
OP, to get a reasonable reply probably best to target your audience on the topic to the MTBR eBike forum....

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Goddamn dude cant even ask a question without a.bunch of anti ebike shitbags weighing in.

We f*cking get it you dont like them

They can’t help themselves dude. Gatekeepers gonna gatekeep. I’m 43 and I got my eMTB because I had a heart transplant that left my physical stamina permanently compromised. The shitbags never take these things into consideration when criticizing ebikes. It’s lazy and elitist, and should be pointed out at every opportunity.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005231
Mobile Version of Website