Norco vs Merida

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 23:39 Quote
G’day ya’ll,

Newbie here in need of some advice.
I’m getting my first dual suspension bike with a budget of $3k AUD
My local bike shop sells Norco and Merida bikes and I’m tossing up between the 2020 Norco Sight A3 and the 2020 Merida One Sixty 400.
I can get both for about 3k (Merida maybe 100-200 less).
From my understanding the Merida has a better rear shock and is a bit lighter, but I’ve heard really good things about the 2020 Sight’s geometry and feel etc.
Trails are mostly tight technical, rocky at times but also some fast stuff...I also love to find big jumps Smile

In need of some opinions!
Other bike recommendations would also be great!

Thanks in advance, Daniel

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 5:42 Quote
Hi

I have owned a 2019 Merida 160 600 for around 15 months and was my first dual suspension bike
Its a great bike that is great for trails that are tight and technical but it is also stale enough that its twitchy.

The suspension on the 160 is very supple off the top but it very linear for around 60% of the travel, this can lead it to feel like there is not enough support coming from the rear shock but this is fixed by having less sag.

The bike climbs well and delivers great traction and you can spend all day pedaling it, but its probably a good idea to push the seat forward on its rails as the front wheel can wonder while climbing steep hills.

Overall the Merida 160 is a good do it all bike but it could be due for a refresh in the next year as it has been out for a while.

Mitch

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004540
Mobile Version of Website