Don’t ride alone...

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
Had a big scare this week. Went for a ride alone as I often do and took a nasty fall. I was okay, but as you can see in the video it could have ended very differently. And not having anyone with me could have been very bad...

So here’s some inspiration for y’all to stay safe.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 17:47 Quote
Where’s da video? Or do I have to wait until Friday?

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
Haaaha sorry accidentally hit go prematurely, link is there now...

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 21:32 Quote
glad you are ok mate, but whoever's company's gymbal you are using, they need to use that for their promotional video...
Some title like "A gymbal so good, it makes crashes look good or something."

Nah for real though, that could have been super nasty, if there was a stick pointing the wrong direction, or a tree there. glad you're okay

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
^yeah^ buy some goggles

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 0:36 Quote
traqs wrote:
glad you are ok mate, but whoever's company's gymbal you are using, they need to use that for their promotional video...
Some title like "A gymbal so good, it makes crashes look good or something."

Nah for real though, that could have been super nasty, if there was a stick pointing the wrong direction, or a tree there. glad you're okay

Haha I’ll send it to them Wink

For sure I’m feeling fortunate this wasn’t a lot worse. A big eye opener

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
^yeah^ buy some goggles

Funny thing, I was wearing goggles all day but forgot them after a drinks break...
Won’t do that again!

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 4:53 Quote
Stay safe everyone,

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
I mean, I see what you are saying, but I was riding a dirt jumper, down a slope track the other day, and went straight over the top of a berm, simply cause my tires didn't grip the surface, when I tried to brake, and because I didn't know that there was a berm there, in a high speed section. I'm sure it looked pretty cool when I was flying off my bike though... This was probably not the fact that it is an E-bike, but instead - an issue of speed and control. If he had been going a little slower, cause he was absolutely blasting down that, and knew what was ahead of him, then he would have been fine. It's all about awareness, and skill level, If you have the skill, then you can go fast, but if you have no awareness, it is dangerous to go quick..

stay safe folks

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
Spot makes a device worth having for those that ride in remote areas alone. Popular with the dirt bike guys that ride out west.

https://www.findmespot.com/en-us/

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
Broke my shoulder on a solo ride, never again. Learned the hard way not to ride alone.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
Quite often the only way to get a few rides in a week, is to solo a couple. I understand the risk involved, so I tend to push on climbs more and chill on the descents when solo. Crew is out with you, let er buck! Cheers!

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 17:04 Quote
Ive always thought about this senario , but forget to slow down and enjoy myself ...glad yer not busted up.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
It's something to think about for sure, most don't til it happens. I dislocated my shoulder on a solo ride in Moab with no one else around. Managed to relocate it myself, and luckily was near a road that led a short distance to my vehicle. I still ride alone quite often, but only at well traveled local trails, and a bit conservatively.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
It helps if people know how to handle or deal with scenarios like this,
a level of prep and knowledge of area, aswell as skill level in the activivaty at hand.

You can have two riders out in the hills, no phone reception, one has a crash,
or even both if there riding up each others arses,
and neither are prepared, no first aid kit, and both clueless as to what to do,
then the weather sets in, no waterproofs, whistle, flashlight, high vis aid etc,
no one notified of where you are going before hand or when to expect you back.

its all about travel light and rely on the phone.

Hill walkers venture in gangs and go ill equiped, only to get caught out by the weather,
and rely on there phone for emergency help an rescue.

Though generaly two or more has its advantages, if only to eat the other and
survive till rescue, or distract that bear whilst you leg it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006451
Mobile Version of Website