6'5 dude - what bike - unlimited budget

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
6'5 dude - what bike - unlimited budget
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
HLEW wrote:
But seriously, thank you R-M-R for all the info and frame comparisons. Very helpful. Beer

Salute

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
Make sure to ride before you buy. Ride lots of different bikes to compare and contrast. I'm 6'2" and prefer the reach of XL bikes, but one thing that is often overlooked (less so these days) is seat tube length. With my style of riding I like a short seat tube length and long dropper post. When riding aggressive my ass is naturally out of my seat, but I like lots of clearance between myself and my seat for when the going gets rough. I find that many XL bikes (and perhaps enduro/trail bikes in general) have seat tube lengths that aren't designed with long droppers in mind, and thus, by default, have a higher seat tube than I'd prefer.

I'm looking for a new enduro bike myself, and this is one of the main issues I'm finding. I've convinced myself online that a bike is great for me, then I ride it and feel like I can't get 'low' into the bike. The XL Capra and Megatower have pretty reasonable seat tube lengths at 460mm, but some bikes like Trek's Slash have 520.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 0:45 Quote
I know what you mean about the seat tube!

I'm the same size and I've just bought a Trek Slash 8. A 150mm dropper just fits, but at least I get maximum drop. Most of the XL bikes I've had have been the same though, so I don't know any different.

The Slash is pretty much the limit for me though.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 0:59 Quote
Custom carbon, made in Leeds

https://carbonwasp.com/

Either buy off the peg, or if budget really is unlimited, go crazy custom...

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004608
Mobile Version of Website