Float x2 vs super deluxe ultimate vs super deluxe coil ultimate

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Float x2 vs super deluxe ultimate vs super deluxe coil ultimate
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 21:27 Quote
Float x2 vs super deluxe ultimate vs super deluxe coil ultimate, which one's best?

Cheers,
Elias

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
Nobody can answer your question because it is lacking any meaningful details.

What model bike is this for?
What style of riding do you do? DH, trail riding? Enduro?

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Nobody can answer your question because it is lacking any meaningful details.

What model bike is this for?
What style of riding do you do? DH, trail riding? Enduro?

For a 2018 Kona Process 153, 27.5 wheels. Photo on my page.
Do all sorts of riding mostly enduro riding, a bit of trail, and a bit of DH also a few sketchy dirt jumps.

Hope this will make my question a bit easier to answer,


Cheers

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 19:09 Quote
Im gonna say go for the RS Super Deluxe Ultimate Air, more shops will be able to get a quick service done and cheaper than fox, probably rides just as good as the coil

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 5:34 Quote
That's quite varied riding, I'd go air whichever otherwise you'll be changing springs all the time to match the different riding styles, you can easily change the spring rate with a shock pump Wink

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
Given that the Kona Process is on the linear side of bikes, I would avoid the coil shock especially since you are doing jumps. At 30% sag the bike will simply blow through the travel which. Personally, I would recommend the Super Deluxe Ultimate and put a meg neg on it.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
Cheers, for the replies guys, looks like the air might be the way to go, my only worry is that the super deluxe ultimate air won't feel that much better than the deluxe rt, if im gonna be spending this many $$ on a new shock I want it to feel a lot better, especially in technical sections, where the deluxe is shit. So how much better is the super deluxe ultimate than the deluxe rt? More plush? Thats the reason I was looking at the coil because deluxe feels set on tech, ok on flow but awful through rough stuff.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 15:53 Quote
Pretty sure they are the same dampers in both shocks, the only difference is the piggy back. If this is true, than they would have the same plushness.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
Cheers, for the replies guys, looks like the air might be the way to go, my only worry is that the super deluxe ultimate air won't feel that much better than the deluxe rt, if im gonna be spending this many $$ on a new shock I want it to feel a lot better, especially in technical sections, where the deluxe is shit. So how much better is the super deluxe ultimate than the deluxe rt? More plush? Thats the reason I was looking at the coil because deluxe feels set on tech, ok on flow but awful through rough stuff.
Super

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 20:24 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
EliasFritzen wrote:
Cheers, for the replies guys, looks like the air might be the way to go, my only worry is that the super deluxe ultimate air won't feel that much better than the deluxe rt, if im gonna be spending this many $$ on a new shock I want it to feel a lot better, especially in technical sections, where the deluxe is shit. So how much better is the super deluxe ultimate than the deluxe rt? More plush? Thats the reason I was looking at the coil because deluxe feels set on tech, ok on flow but awful through rough stuff.
Super
Deluxe

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005007
Mobile Version of Website