What's it worth? - Cannondale gemini factory team DH bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's it worth? - Cannondale gemini factory team DH bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 21:38 Quote
Hello, curious as to what value a former Factory Team Cannondale gemini may be worth to sell?
I realize these bikes are quite outdated by todays standards but is there still any value to it?
It has a top component spec (for its time haha) - Marzocchi 888rc2 "Works" for with flat crown, 5th element rear, Shimano Saint/Xtr, Mavic tubeless etc. Bike is in good shape

Been away from riding for a number of years and want to get back into it with a new enduro bike. What can I list this old girl for?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
Hard to say, but given that it´s not only outdated but never was a good frame in the first place, the most likely outcome is nobody is even gonna buy it. So i´d guess you can expect about 300-600$ if you wanna sell it somewhere in under 3 years. The sad reality is, even a 2014 26" bike will most likely not go for any more than 1500$, yours is pretty much a fossil. Just don´t expect to pay for the enduro by selling the Gemini.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
Your best bet is to find a reputable, long established Cannondale dealer near you, and see if you can trade your Gemini for credit towards a new bike. They may value the heritage of the bike more than someone just looking for a new bike to ride, and it would be a cool display piece for the storefront. Good luck.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/now-that-was-a-bike-cedric-gracias-cannondale-gemini.html

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005454
Mobile Version of Website