Uplift vehicle damaged your bike

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Uplift vehicle damaged your bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
I was riding at a trail centre recently with an uplift service (van and trailer) carrying about 20 bikes.
As I went past, the van swerved a bit and one of the bikes on the back, half fell out (back wheel held on but the bars hit the floor and got dragged up the road)

Has anyone here had this happen to them?
What would you do if it was your bike?
And did the uplift provider accept any responsibility?

I personally have used uplifts a few times and it’s my understanding that you are responsible for securing your bike (but the driver will normally check the straps are tight.)

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 2:44 Quote
Jonofthejungle wrote:
I was riding at a trail centre recently with an uplift service (van and trailer) carrying about 20 bikes.
As I went past, the van swerved a bit and one of the bikes on the back, half fell out (back wheel held on but the bars hit the floor and got dragged up the road)

Has anyone here had this happen to them?
What would you do if it was your bike?
And did the uplift provider accept any responsibility?

I personally have used uplifts a few times and it’s my understanding that you are responsible for securing your bike (but the driver will normally check the straps are tight.)

My bike once got caught on the edge of the hand rail at the top station on the chairlift. It twisted the frame in the hook which ripped of the piggy back of the shock, spraying suspension oil all over the place, twisted and distorted the frame and dual crown forks!
They have been honestly amazing to deal with. Gave me 5 bucks back because i didn't get to use the rest of my day pass so i could get a beer, and then claimed it with their insurance and replaced the bike.
And as a side note - riding down a dirt road with the squishy spring but absolutely no damping is an interesting experience. This is when you realize how amazing our downhill bikes actually work!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004526
Mobile Version of Website