Hightower V2 - Alloy S VS Carbon R

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Hightower V2 - Alloy S VS Carbon R
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
Hi guys,
I would like to get a Hightower for this year to keep at least for the next 4/5 years.
The Alloy S and Carbon R have very similar prices but sensible differences.
I am posting it here to see how many people would go for Carbon over a better kit or vice-versa and why.
For sure some of your comments will help me in my final decision.
Cheers
Marco

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:48 Quote
I think I would pick alloy S, and live with a 2 lb. heavier bike. . Better suspension front and rear, better gears, better brakes, better hubs, better seatpost. I have ridden the alloy S build Bronson and thought it was great. I think the Carbon S build is worth another $1k, but if you are picking between alloy S and carbon R, I would go alloy with better everything.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 18:31 Quote
Parts wear out. I go for the better foundation. That is where SC is focused now, carbon. Carbon just works better, tracks better. These bikes are heavy enough, even as carbon. After owning both, carbon for me.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 0:33 Quote
Thanks guys, next week I booked test ride for the hightower, then I'll try the megatower because I need which bike is better for me
then I'll decide on what to do...

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
Hello, everybody.

I'm gonna use this topic because I guess it is related.

I'm really interested in the 2020 Hightower. Such amazing bike.

I'm thinking about choose an Hightower C R kit (I live in Brazil). Looking at the options with the same range of price where I live, the new HT C R kit has the best benefit x cost.
My question is: will I have reliable parts (hubs, rims, dropper, etc)?

I'm not an "advanced rider", but I wanna pick an option that fits my needs and my pocket.
The C R buid is also available in the store (don't know when will have others buids available).

Thanks for help.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
Reliable enough. Yes.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004593
Mobile Version of Website