Hightower V2 LG vs XL

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Hightower V2 LG vs XL
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
Looking at the Hightower V2 and considering either a stock large or going with a 35mm. stem on an XL. I'm right at 6'. Thoughts?

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
I came from an XL 18 TB to a 19 HTLT in LG. I am right at 6' with longish arms, 33" inseam. I have been eyeing, and comparing the new HT ergos. I liked my TB, but feel better on the LG now. Fits well, gets thru corners better and is a little more nimble. Looking at the ergos on the HT2, I would go large again no doubt. The XL felt big on the TB after riding a large. and the HT2 has been stretched out moreso. The HT2 large is more like an XL in many ways compared to what I have ridden. I also had a 17 XL 5010.

WB getting close to or over 1200mm feels really long.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
NcAltitude wrote:
Looking at the Hightower V2 and considering either a stock large or going with a 35mm. stem on an XL. I'm right at 6'. Thoughts?
I'm 6'1" and was riding an XL with a 40mm stem and it was good. I tried a large frame and I thought the seated pedaling position was too cramped.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
Cambor wrote:
NcAltitude wrote:
I'm 6'1" and was riding an XL with a 40mm stem and it was good. I tried a large frame and I thought the seated pedaling position was too cramped.

Same...

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
an inch in height can end up being more difference by the time you figure in arm length, etc.. I have friend that is 6'1" and rides a L TB, 17 model with a 60 or 70 mm stem. He prefers over the XL I had.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 13:38 Quote
In looking at the geo chart in the archives SC models have gone up a full size the past few years. Albeit this was a necessary adjustment it's worth mentioning that a LG V2 HT has the same reach essentially as an XL V1 HT.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
They are all different. The TB is diff than the HTLT, is diff than the new HT. I know what feels good and what felt good about my TB and what feels good on my LT. I never got comfortable on my HT1. In comparing the #'s, I have been able to narrow down in what makes that difference. I could almost ride a med in a new SC, but I believe the stack becomes the issue. I will stick with a large.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
6' even with short legs and long torso. I prefer a long top tube, reach and front center. I test rode both HT2 and the L wasn't exactly cramped, but I preferred to stretch out on the XL. I ordered an XL Tallboy 4 frame without a demo, I sure hope the fit works out! I am sure it will.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
Thanks for all the recommdations. Ended up needing something with a more aggressive geo so I went with an S3 SJ EVO. The things a beast and having demoed the HT in Pisgah (which still did terrific.) I have no regrets whatsoever. S3 EVO is 480mm. reach which makes it right between LG and XL. Perfect for my 5 11"- 6' stature with long arms proportionally.

Previous Page | Next Page

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004847
Mobile Version of Website