Who is Running a Coil on the Sentinel?

PB Forum :: Transition
Who is Running a Coil on the Sentinel?
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
It's impossible to shim a damper to become position-sensitive, as an air spring is. Dampers are speed-sensitive, however, and it could be configured to be more progressive with respect to speed.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2852745/ very good deal for a mrp hazzard shock for the sentinel. I've had one as well and it plays very nicely with the kinematics of the sentinel because of the large bottom out bumper and the ability to use a progressive coil spring. much much better than a dpx2.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:01 Quote
spinzillathespacelizard wrote:
does the Rock shox coil play nice on it? if you were about 170-180 would you get the recommended sag with a 400lb spring. I am a fairly punchy rider.

I would say absolutely not with the stock link. I'm 185ish riding weight and 450 was too soft. Maybe ok if I wasn't doing any hard hits at all but I'm now on the cascade link and planning to move to a 550 (500 would probably be a better race setup but I do little racing and much gnarlyness). Keep in mind that the stock link is pretty linear and you probably want more like 20% sag with it.

I can't speak for the RS shock.

FL
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
anyone else here running a deluxe ultimate coil on a V1 without a cascade link? Are you finding that its not bottoming out too much and actually sits up in the travel? Im curious as to why im enjoying mine so much and don't feel like im bottoming out too much given all the talk of lack of progressiveness in the V1.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 1:24 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
anyone else here running a deluxe ultimate coil on a V1 without a cascade link? Are you finding that its not bottoming out too much and actually sits up in the travel? Im curious as to why im enjoying mine so much and don't feel like im bottoming out too much given all the talk of lack of progressiveness in the V1.

I ran a RS Deluxe and MRP two stage coil on my V1 without the Cascade link. It felt pretty bad and was bottoming all the time even though the spring was good sag wise and it did ramp up travel. But ultimately I preferred the DPX for the bottom out control. I've just installed the Cascade link and had the RS unit Tractive Tuned by Vorsprung. First shake down ride tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
I have to get ride of my Cascade Link for the V1 Sentinel. Push will not tune my shock. If you would like one at a discount let me know.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 18:25 Quote
I have to get ride of my Cascade Link for the V1 Sentinel. Push will not tune my shock. If you would like one at a discount let me know.

That's insane! Are you running 57.5 stroke?

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 21:54 Quote
Yes running the push at the standard 57.5

I am axtaully putting it on a different bike now

So my frame and my Cascade link will be up for sale.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 22:35 Quote
Yes running the push at the standard 57.5

I am axtaully putting it on a different bike now

So my frame and my Cascade link will be up for sale.

If I was buying a 1200 dollar shock I would expect them to bend over backwards to make me happy.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
I didn't pay 1200 I got it used for alot less.

But yes I was less than enthused.

It rides well hough.

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 15:42 Quote

What is the reason Push will not tune your shock while running the Cascade link?

Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 23:17 Quote
Nothing that felt very compelling. But its their product and if they think this like violates their warranty thats their call.

Transition dint have anything negative to say about the link and their warranty. So... theres that.

I have a new frame now anyway. I couldn't get the sentinel to stop bottoming out with air or coil.

11-6 is on a intense carbine with a zeb up front.

At least for me I like vpp and got a deal on a new frame.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
anyone put a marzocchi cr coil on a 2021 sentinel? Will it fit?

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 20:31 Quote
Glide4559 wrote:
anyone put a marzocchi cr coil on a 2021 sentinel? Will it fit?

I was told by Transition that it might have fitment issues with my Scout

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
Nothing that felt very compelling. But its their product and if they think this like violates their warranty thats their call.

Transition dint have anything negative to say about the link and their warranty. So... theres that.

I have a new frame now anyway. I couldn't get the sentinel to stop bottoming out with air or coil.

11-6 is on a intense carbine with a zeb up front.

At least for me I like vpp and got a deal on a new frame.

I don't think is necessarily a warranty issue, but more of a marketing strategy. The risk of their product failing or being subpar because of them not being able to test it properly carries more weight than doing whatever they can to make their customers happy. A lot of what makes their shock so special, besides super high quality manufacturing and cool tech, is the testing that they have done in order create a tune specific to the bikes suspension platform. Yeah sure they could plug in the numbers to a Shim Re-stacker type program and get a tune close to what the Cascade link requires, but without real world testing I guess that they feel their shock may not live up to it's name.

When I upgraded my V1 Sentinel to a V2 and found out Push would not support my older shock on to the new V2 bike I was pretty disappointed. I get their reasoning but I think they would be better off supporting their customers anyway possible. Heck if you buy premium Motocross suspension you can swap from bike to bike no problem, but the moto industry is geared towards suspension tuners, so apple to oranges maybe? Anyway got an EXT Storia for the V2 and it's pretty amazing, plus it's a few hundo cheaper than the Push shock too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014302
Mobile Version of Website