Which one do you prefer? Why ?

Which one can pop more easier w jumps?
Do they feel similar?

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
Artzyblack wrote:
Which one do you prefer? Why ?

Which one can pop more easier w jumps?
Do they feel similar?

I'll just come out and say I've never owned a bike with either of those...but I've ridden a whole bunch of shocks over my time.

They're going to ride fairly close to the same. The X2 has a massive air chamber that rides with almost zero progression...very similar to a coil shock. That's why so many downhillers ride them these days. That's not to say some riders don't like progressive suspension. That's why you have air tokens and progressive springs. Kinda just depends on how you ride/what you prefer on the progression side.

If you want "pop" it's more dependent on how a bike's leverage curve is designed since, again, most shocks ride pretty linear in spring rate these days. The new Ibis Ripmo is known for being poppy and playful.

In Santa Cruz it seems like most riders are trending back towards the coil side because they think it's more sensitive. They're certainly more durable...but a modern air shock will perform damn near identical to a coil and weigh a whole bunch less.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
I had ibis mojo and it was very agile and poppy w only 130mm rear but Patrol has 160mm coil and feels like I’m glue to the ground. It’s good for dh park or riding muddy trails. I changed to dpx2 and it’s little lighter but doesn’t have much control option for LSC/HSC only rebound set up.
I thought X2 has all set ups like coils.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
The X2 does have more adjustments but rebound should be the only thing you need if you want to try to tune in more pop. It might not be a good idea to make your rebound super fast though. You need some damping to keep from getting bucked.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004443
Mobile Version of Website