Possible Chain Suck on new bike

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Possible Chain Suck on new bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
New bike and chain comes up sometimes and gets stuck and jams til you release the pedal. Only happened today. But it's only the second time the bike has been out since buying it. Will try and upload a picture.

Does it just need better lube on the chain?

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18207103/

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
Oakesey wrote:
New bike and chain comes up sometimes and gets stuck and jams til you release the pedal. Only happened today. But it's only the second time the bike has been out since buying it. Will try and upload a picture.

Does it just need better lube on the chain?

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18207103/
if its new from the shop,take it back for setting up.Other than that,I'd try adjusting the limits on the front derailleur.looks like it's thrown the chain

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
Yeah new from the shop, had it roughly 4 weeks and has just started doing it with a ride a week donw on it

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 21:17 Quote
Limits will not effect chain suck what so ever. You may have a bottom bracket that is too short giving you the wrong chain line. You may also have a chain that is not the correct speed for your drive train. Sometimes a bent chainring can cause chain suck issues also.

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 22:08 Quote
lance-h wrote:
Limits will not effect chain suck what so ever. You may have a bottom bracket that is too short giving you the wrong chain line. You may also have a chain that is not the correct speed for your drive train. Sometimes a bent chainring can cause chain suck issues also.
yeh I know ,the photo looks more like its thrown the chain,than chain suck .Its new drive train aswell,which tells me it's not chainsuck.

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Take it back to the shop!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004783
Mobile Version of Website