Megatower Vs. New specialized Enduro

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Megatower Vs. New specialized Enduro
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
What are your thoughts? Would like to get something that a solid climber and can go downhill even better!

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
So my friend who owns some bike shops and has ridden both said: The enduro is great for climbing and does great on dh. The mega tower to him was more fun and faster DH. It all depends where you are going to ride. The mega tower is a lot of bike.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
20 Enduro has more travel, is longer and has a slacker HA. Would think the Enduro would have the edge on DH plow but have also heard it is poppy. Have read that the Megatower is pretty progressive and hard for lighter riders to get along with because of it.

Personally I would go with the slacker HA for more high speed descent confidence. Likely suffer a bit on tech climbs but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:
Have read that the Megatower is pretty progressive and hard for lighter riders to get along with because of it.

Maybe I have a rough riding style, but I had to play with the super deluxe quite a bit to keep me from bottoming out while still being supple at the top. I only weight 145 lbs-ish.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
howmaybesgo wrote:
Have read that the Megatower is pretty progressive and hard for lighter riders to get along with because of it.

Maybe I have a rough riding style, but I had to play with the super deluxe quite a bit to keep me from bottoming out while still being supple at the top. I only weight 145 lbs-ish.

I had a similar-ish experience... the Mega wasn't nearly as burly as a bike as I was expecting. Was a fun bike, but there are many out there just as good for less money.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 16:19 Quote
islandforlife wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
howmaybesgo wrote:

I had a similar-ish experience... the Mega wasn't nearly as burly as a bike as I was expecting. Was a fun bike, but there are many out there just as good for less money.

I'm not sure I wouldn't call it burly, set up correctly the bike gives me great confidence to go fast on rough terrain. It takes big hits well and loves to go fast, however is surprising nimble and playful.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
I swapped the SD for an X2 on my Megatower. It made a world of difference. Much better midstroke support and small bump. The Megatower isn't the plow bike some people think it is. It pedals well and it's fairly stiff at slower speeds but opens up at higher speeds when you start riding deeper in the travel.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004818
Mobile Version of Website