Noob requires help building a budgety midrange 26/27.5

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Noob requires help building a budgety midrange 26/27.5
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 9:54 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
I can assure you I don't think you are a pro in anything.

I can relate your riding skills to your bike building skills at zero.

Also have worked out that your build is the furthest thing from serious. No it won't be a 'nice' bike by the time you finish f#*king it up! Smile

I can tell you're a c*nt in everything.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
I'm starting to like you Hooblah! Lol! Smile

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
I like his style too.

sure fired way to get the best all around advise.

I am eager to see pictures of the complete build.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
Agreed cmcrawfo. Didn't at first but he's entertaining and doesn't take any crap.

Unusual tactic to get advise, maybe it works, maybe not but good fun all the same. Wink

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:16 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
Agreed cmcrawfo. Didn't at first but he's entertaining and doesn't take any crap.

Unusual tactic to get advise, maybe it works, maybe not but good fun all the same. Wink

He’s got to be a pro & totally messing with you guys. Either that, or one of those dudes who shows up at the local & proceeds to ride the pants off everyone else as a “noob” & on a 90’s hardtail.

I already forgot what kind of bike he’s building, let me think for a second on this build...

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:25 Quote
Hooblah wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:
I can assure you I don't think you are a pro in anything.

I can relate your riding skills to your bike building skills at zero.

Also have worked out that your build is the furthest thing from serious. No it won't be a 'nice' bike by the time you finish f#*king it up! Smile

I can tell you're a c*nt in everything.

DANG. He got you good.... Big Grin XD

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:37 Quote
He earned some personal respect for that one. Beer Doesn't change the fact that his build is going to be sh#t. lol

He should take a picture when bike is finished because it's going to snap in half as soon as it hits a pothole. Facepalm

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
SS-Minox wrote:
He’s got to be a pro & totally messing with you guys. Either that, or one of those dudes who shows up at the local & proceeds to ride the pants off everyone else as a “noob” & on a 90’s hardtail.

Lol, good one! Smile No, he ain't. When he rocks up at a trail everyone else goes home so they don't have to listen to his bullsh#t. Wink

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
He earned some personal respect for that one. Beer Doesn't change the fact that his build is going to be sh#t. lol

He should take a picture when bike is finished because it's going to snap in half as soon as it hits a pothole. Facepalm

He's gonna need more than respect to repair the damage thats about to happen..... Cough those carbon bars :0
all jokes aside this is gonna be a SIIIIIICK-ish build Smile . Make sure u take some pics dude Wink

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 11:22 Quote
Is this thread dying? I hope not, I was starting to believe the OP was Waki's alter ego. lol

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
I hope not too, I'm missing our little chats Hooblah blah blah! What will we do without your charming conversation.

You curled up crying in the shower coz the bad men picked on you and insulted your bike build? Whip

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
Probably a good build for some flat-out gravel drifting? The first thing I’d go after is a second set of more aggressive tires for that odd trail. Those semi-slicks coupled with the Zee brakes are going to be fun!...On the road...The dropped BB height of 26” wheels sounds interesting to try on gravel descents.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
Not dying, just no updates yet. The bike isn't at the top of my priorities if you hadn't noticed.

I mentioned the slicks because I have them lying around. I don't like the thought of riding off road with them... I was thinking of going for something like schwalbe smart sam or marathon plus, or perhaps billy bonkers or hurricane... And then there's continental race king and cross king...waay too much choice. Thoughts?

The main sort of riding I'll be doing is cross country. I live in a hilly area and have a wooded area near my house, a mix of dirt and gravel. A lot of time will be spent in there I imagine.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
Hooblah wrote:
Not dying, just no updates yet. The bike isn't at the top of my priorities if you hadn't noticed.

I mentioned the slicks because I have them lying around. I don't like the thought of riding off road with them... I was thinking of going for something like schwalbe smart sam or marathon plus, or perhaps billy bonkers or hurricane... And then there's continental race king and cross king...waay too much choice. Thoughts?

The main sort of riding I'll be doing is cross country. I live in a hilly area and have a wooded area near my house, a mix of dirt and gravel. A lot of time will be spent in there I imagine.

Assegai and Magic Mary. Grippy af. I rode XC with them. Tubed tho cuz tubeless is terrible and not worth it. Tubeless is 100% overhype. Can’t wait to see ur final build! It’s gonna be sickkkk

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
Hooblah wrote:

I’m using the Kenda Nevegal 2.1 for xc. Liking the look of Smart Sam. Personally, I like side knobs. Sounds to me like you need something like the Kenda Small Block 8, Maxxis Ardent Race or something similar for your hilly gravel & dirt.

O wait, Maxxis Wetscream...yep..that’s the One!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007677
Mobile Version of Website