What size frame should I buy?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What size frame should I buy?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
Hey,

I'm 5' 11" and my inseam is 31".

What size of road bike frame should I be looking at buying?

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
Go to your LBS and get sized.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
Depends on the particular bike you are looking at, as well as any preferences/experience you may have from previous bikes.

If you have little previous fitting experience, do like the above poster suggested and go to a LBS.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
Not sure why the frame size would matter. People your height can even do a BMX frame as long a the seat post is high enough. You might want to pay attention to the crank size. Most bikes come with 170mm cranks, but 175mm is optimum for your height. See https://dev.lemmy.ml/post/29394

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
You shouldn't buy road bike, thats wasting money, imagine how many MTB upgrades you can have instead Big Grin
And asking for road bike sizing on MTB forum... roadie forum will be better place...

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 4:59 Quote
To give a sensible reply I’m 5’9 with a 32” inner leg and I’ve got a 54cm Cannondale Caad12. Sat on it in the shop and seemed ok and I’m riding it a fair amount with no issues (had it a couple of years).

Couldn’t go up a size in terms of seat tube length as I already don’t have the seatpost showing that much out of the frame.

But make sure you at least sit on something before buying ideally.

And hydraulic discs are a good thing on a road bike - especially if you’re used to discs on a mountain bike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004718
Mobile Version of Website