[FOX 34 Rhythm] air escaping/hissing sound at beginning of travel, 4/5mm dead spot at the top

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
[FOX 34 Rhythm] air escaping/hissing sound at beginning of travel, 4/5mm dead spot at the top
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
Hello there, first post here, so here we go:

Recently, I bought a slightly used fox 34 rhythm, m.y 2019. Some guy bought a yt jeffsy at the end of the year, changed the forks to CC Helm, and sold me these. The id number is DJ58 if thats relevant. I installed them, cycled a few times, set sag and everything seemed all right. Well, until today, when I noticed a weird sound coming from (most probably) the spring side leg. It happens at the first few mm's of travel. If I push the fork down, it returns just to sit about 3/4mm lower that full extension. When I pull the wheel up from the ground (don't have to push on the crown or anything), the fork gives me the 3/4mm of travel back, also making that weird sound. That's a video demonstrating said problem; you can see the o-ring rising a bit at the end of the video (Max the volume, as at least for me, the sound turned out quite quiet). The title is in polish, it just says: "fox 34 rhythm; weird noise and a few mm dead travel spot" ;p

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004338
Mobile Version of Website