Medium firebird

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Medium firebird
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
hey guys! i am looking to possibly purchase a 2018 firebird 27.5.could anyone give me any experienced insite on the bike? specifically for a 5,7" tall rider. use for trails and bike parks.will do some D.H. runs and flowy jump trails also.i currently have a demo 8 in medium and i love it.pivot size chart goes up to 5'9 for a small and starts at 5'7 for medium. i know it comes down to like smaller snowboards and bigger ones. small--tricks/whips.large--fast/bombing. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
I’m not sure what kind of pedal position you are used to. The med firebird will have more reach than your medium demo just because the demo will have a shorter reach for any given size compared to a more modern trail/enduro bike. I was on a 2018 slash 29 in size large and I think the real reach was 454mm. So pretty comparable to your size situation, I’m 5’10” right on the line for a size medium or a large firebird 29. Went with the large because in the end the medium was way to cramped when seated and I did feel like I would get pitched over the front when standing on the medium. I’d say try both sizes if you can but I’d go for the larger size of the 2.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004322
Mobile Version of Website