Medium firebird

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Medium firebird
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
hey guys! i am looking to possibly purchase a 2018 firebird 27.5.could anyone give me any experienced insite on the bike? specifically for a 5,7" tall rider. use for trails and bike parks.will do some D.H. runs and flowy jump trails also.i currently have a demo 8 in medium and i love it.pivot size chart goes up to 5'9 for a small and starts at 5'7 for medium. i know it comes down to like smaller snowboards and bigger ones. small--tricks/whips.large--fast/bombing. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
I’m not sure what kind of pedal position you are used to. The med firebird will have more reach than your medium demo just because the demo will have a shorter reach for any given size compared to a more modern trail/enduro bike. I was on a 2018 slash 29 in size large and I think the real reach was 454mm. So pretty comparable to your size situation, I’m 5’10” right on the line for a size medium or a large firebird 29. Went with the large because in the end the medium was way to cramped when seated and I did feel like I would get pitched over the front when standing on the medium. I’d say try both sizes if you can but I’d go for the larger size of the 2.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004385
Mobile Version of Website