Best Bar/Stem for Enduro?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Bar/Stem for Enduro?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 19:09 Quote
Hi,

I've started enduro racing and have decided to get rid of my flat bars.

I'm looking for a good combination of enduro handlebar and stem. I want them to last me for quite some time, more specifically 2 years. It doesn't really matter if the bars are carbon or not, but I would like a handlebar that will dampen the ride, and not break easily (so I guess I am aiming more towards aluminum?)

Ive looked at the Next R, PNW, Fatbar Carbon, and Turbine R.

Please let me know if you guys have any more suggestions.

Thanks

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
Deity has a variety of handle bars in carbon and aluminium in both 31.8 and 35 mm clamp diameters. They also offer a pretty nice stem in my opinion. I have been using Deity components for quite some time with no complaints.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
I am very happy with the We Are One - Da Package.

I have a BZA set up from chromag on one bike and a Next R and a SixC on two others. Da Package is more precise without being uncomfortable in the least. Also the whole setup is about the same weight as an aluminum bar. Also it looks cool. Also it is rated for DH.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 23:21 Quote
rahrider wrote:

I have a BZA set up from chromag on one bike and a Next R and a SixC on two others. Da Package is more precise without being uncomfortable in the least. Also the whole setup is about the same weight as an aluminum bar. Also it looks cool. Also it is rated for DH.

Thanks dude! Do you happen to know how the NextR compares to the Enve M7 ?

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 3:38 Quote
ewikpark wrote:
Hi,

I've started enduro racing and have decided to get rid of my flat bars.

I'm looking for a good combination of enduro handlebar and stem. I want them to last me for quite some time, more specifically 2 years. It doesn't really matter if the bars are carbon or not, but I would like a handlebar that will dampen the ride, and not break easily (so I guess I am aiming more towards aluminum?)

Ive looked at the Next R, PNW, Fatbar Carbon, and Turbine R.

Please let me know if you guys have any more suggestions.

Thanks
Look Spank Spike Vibrocore, it's ALU and dampen as carbon for ALU price. Rampage rated :-)

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
yeah, take a look at spank, I just ordered a nukeproof stem off CRC, cause it is going for a great sale, and it looks freaking dope!

should be arriving today, i'll let you know how it feels, but based of the reviews i have seen, it should be great.. worth a look though cause it looks straight gorgeous.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/nukeproof-horizon-stem/rp-prod172943

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
ewikpark wrote:
rahrider wrote:

Thanks dude! Do you happen to know how the NextR compares to the Enve M7 ?

Haven't ridden the M7 but I have an M6 setup (bar and stem) and it is squirrelly. It was my wife's old one and I took it off after two rides. She is under 120lbs so I figure it's probably bomber for her. I'm 220 and it was too bendy. The M7 is 35mm rather than 31 and rated for enduro/DH - I suspect it is similar to the next. I wouldn't bet on it being stiffer or more comfortable than DaPackage. I'd get those for all my bikes if I could.

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
I am currently on the Enve M7 with a Deity Copperhead stem. I really like it. I don't think it dampens the vibration as much as my Deity Skywires did but they have enough flex for me.

There was a Youtube video that compared flex of some different carbon bars and the M7's were one of the most compliant.

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
if you're looking for a cheaper option all the Funn stuff is pretty great. I got 810 mm champagne pink fatboy bars for around $15 off bike-discount.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 0:45 Quote
Renthal Apex 35 / Fatbar 35

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
Oneup bars with hope stem!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005485
Mobile Version of Website